1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:drama: Calling for help! :call:

Ds woke just got woken up by ANTS in his BED! :eek:

They had bitten him all over his legs before he woke up!:eek:uch:

He is leaving now to spend the day with friends while I somehow fumigate the room using whatever I can find around the house.

Three nights ago I sprayed outside with Ortho and killed a million ants just a few feet from his bedroom wall so I guess the ones who survived have found their new home. :ponder:

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the ants without having to use the Ortho which really should only be used outdoors? :scratch:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
OMGosh! Yikes! Poor guy, is he all right? I know ant bites can be very painful.

It is said ants will not cross a white line, such as borax. It is supposed to be good for killing them, however, if you sprayed outside his bedroom wall and they found their way in, maybe they are living in the wall? Or you will have to look very closely to see where there is a hole and then plug the hole.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh yuck !!! I have no advice, I'm afraid but wanted to express my sympathy. I hope you can get the problem solved soon.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Oh how I can relate with you..........Every summer with the heat the ants come in. I have been fighting them for years with no luck
Fern

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is not very pleasing to the eye, but ground red pepper works very well, just don't wipe it up until the ants are out of season. Kinda hard for the bedroom, but maybe a line by the windows?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I really feel for you. I took up my carpets and put down tile because of my allergies and I have had no ants since. Not even one!! I know that ants won't cross a chalk line.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Try using a spray made of vinegar and water 1:1 ratio and spray around the room. It will kill them. You can also sprink cinnamon around the room and that will deter them from coming back (and it smells nice) and bay leaves are also effective. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.