Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another board I frequent, someone asked a makeup advice question...and so far it's FOUR pages of women saying "I use Bare Minerals"! I order mine from QVC if it's a Today's Special Value and has foundation as part of the deal, or make a trip to Ulta. Anyone else?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I do like the way it feels on my skin. However, do you have a clever trick to avoid having it sprinkled all over the shirt?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I use the Bare Minerals foundation and I love it, I do have a few of their eye shadows but I love Urban Decay but I use them both. :) I cant afford to do QVC auto delivery so a friend of mine either swaps with me for their stuff or just buys it for me.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i actually gave up my mary kay business because i liked the bare minerals so well. i thought the infomercial was too good to be true, but it wasn't. i dont ever feel like i have makeup on my face.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love the mineral makeup but I can't afford Bare Minerals so I use Loreal Bare Naturale mineral makeup, it is only $13 for a container at WalMart. My sister uses Bare Minerals and I tried hers and my Loreal feels and goes on just like hers. I love my Loreal.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I love Bare Minerals! It really does cover well and makes your complexion better! I quit my auto delivery though and am going to start buying from ULTA, one opened up by me.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I use just the bare minerals foundation. One of the containers lasts me about 6 months. I order from Sephora online (I also earn my point that way :) ) It costs about $32 ($25 foundation, $5 shipping, and $2 tax). I only buy two a year though and sometimes I find a deal where I get free shipping. I might have to check out some of these other sites for better prices. I think I have found some potential deals on Ebay too, but I never know how old the product is that they are selling. I love that the foundation only takes me a few mintues to apply and I feel covered all day. I also like that it hides all my blemishes and red blotchy skin. I feel like I was born with great skin when I wear my makeup :).

·
Registered
253 Posts
I use the foundation and mineral veil. I also order from Sephora and only have to rarely, like once every year or so, because the stuff lasts so long. I would like to try the blush but can't seem to decide on the right shade.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh, I use Bare Minerals also. I just love it. I bought mine from QVC also. I have very sensitive skin and it works wonderfully. It takes care of any redness and it doesn't rub off on my clothes. I take a kleenex and set it on my dressing table and lay out the jars on top of the kleenex and that way I don't seem to get any of it on me or the table top. If I get to Lancaster Pa I pick some up in a shop down there. That way I don't have to pay for shipping from QVC. I also have some of the Loreal brand. That seems to work well for me too. It seems to give me a little more of a matte finish than the Bare Minerals. Anyway I love the stuff and would recommend it to anyone.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have often wondered about this stuff--is it the same one that Leeza Gibbons does the infomercials for? You ladies may have me spending some money!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have often wondered about it. Most of my co-workers wear it, but I can't figure out what shade to order.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
My DDs wear the Bare Minerals. They have the foundation and the mineral veil and some of the eye shadows.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Leeza Gibbons ads are for "Everyday Minerals", which I've never tried, but have heard some good things about...and they're cheaper. I do like being able to get Bare Escentuals products at Ulta...big savings on the shipping(and they often have the "leftover" QVC special values). I haven't purchased the TSV specials from QVC in a while...they used to always include a full sized foundation, which made it a great deal, but the past several TSV's have been just shadows, etc. I wear only purplish shades on my eyes(I have green eyes), so I don't need or want the more "modern" pastels and shimmers that are usually in the pack.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought my last jar of Bareminerals foundation from Ebay. It was way cheaper than QVC and Ulta even with shipping! I won mine from this seller: barebeauty247. I love the all over face color True. This makeup is so forgiving. My skin is pretty fair and I've found I can wear either light or fairly light or a mixture of both. If you haven't tried this makeup don't be afraid...it is worth the money. A jar of foundation lasts me at least six months and I wear it everyday!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts