Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a writing course, and was wondering if anyone else was doing any writing at the moment.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I just submitted my first query for a freelance article and am on pins and needles waiting to hear if it gets picked up... I'm hoping to save enough to take a course this summer; what are you taking?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
One of my goals this year is to do more writing. I have submitted and published a few times and it's an awesome feeling. Elphie, here's hoping it comes through for you.

I decided to jump start myself by starting a blog. It's: glorybug.wordpress.com

Take a look whenever. I'm just recording bits and pieces there, and hope to eventually use them for something longer.

Reactions: elphie

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I too am doing writing this year. I am starting a Children's series. I am hoping to get three done this year. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've submitted a lot of children's stories to publishing houses and some short stories to the state's annual fiction writing contest. All have been rejects. I had a novel started and printed out at the half-way point. Then my computer crashed. I should've saved to disk!!!:stupid:

One day I'll get back to retyping and finishing it.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I learned the hard way to back everything up with multiple copies using multiple kinds of media.

I only published one short story last year. I've published dozens over the years and really should get back to it. I REALLY need to get back to working on my novels, too. I've been uninspired for several years now.

What do all of you like to read and/or write? I like to read adventure novels such as those by Clive Cussler and outdoor mysteries such as by authors Nevada Barr and C.J. Box.

·
Registered
945 Posts
What do all of you like to read and/or write?
I am actually usually reading about 4-5 books at the same time and kind of flit between them depending on my mood. Some non-fiction, some how-to, some fiction, some spirtitual, and memoir- it is my favorite because a really good one will read like fiction but doesn't have the predictable ending that most fiction has. It's real life so you never know how it will turn out.

I like to read memoirs but don't have the courage to put myself out there enough to write my own... at least not right now. So in my own writing I like to focus on human interest/ travel articles. I love going new places and having new experiences and then being able to bring that experience to other people. That is my professional course, for myself I like to write fiction and am working on a novel but it will a very long time before it is anything worth reading. I also like to write reflective personal essays about things I'm experiencing and learning in my life. But that is also, usually just for me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The course I am doing is a romance writing course. I am not into the Mills and Boon stuff, but more into the Chic Lit and this was the closest course. Currently mid way through the course working on the one novel idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts