Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw his Toronto gig last week and it was amazing, and it got me wondering if anyone else here is a fan?

Reactions: Liane

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still trying to come to terms with his apparently lunatic decision to run 43 full length marathons in 51 days last year. I'd have thought it impossible but he managed it. It says a lot about his determination to achieve what he sets out to do. Mind you, I couldn't stand on a stage and ad-lib either. He's in a class of his own.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I LOVE Eddie Izzard! He has been around for a while. Until the last year or so most people didn't know who he was.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been watching him since the late 80's...he's amazing and so brave! I do improv comedy but what he does is in a category of its own...he is so loose on stage and ready to go wherever the audience fees like going.

THe marathon thing was "out there" but it is a living example that we can do whatever we choose, no matter how crazy, if we believe we can. He has a documentary DVD coming out this year called "Believe" about his journey to get where he is by believing in himself.

He mentioned the marathon at the Toronto gig, but quickly got off the subject by referring to Terry Fox and saying that Terry Fox trumps everything.

Nice!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I loooooove Eddie Izzard.

First time I ever heard of him, I was watching TV and he was on (one of the movie channels) doing stand up. Full makeup, blond spikey hair, 60's looking suit.

OMG, I laughed till I almost pee'd!! I don't know where he comes up with his stuff, but he is the funniest comedian around.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen the Riches, heard great things, but I hear it was cancelled...silly, silly network execs!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I LOVED The Riches! I was very unhappy when they cancelled the show. That's the way it goes though - IF I LIKE IT, they cancel it!

Love him. Did you see his show on FX The Riches? What happened to that? It was great.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like both, but I LOVE him in drag!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I saw him in San Francisco a few years ago. Really good show.

I also like him in Velvet Goldmine. One of my favorite movies. People seem to either love or hate that movie.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Do you have a flag? You can't be a country if you don't have a flag!

Reactions: HoustonDave

·
Registered
672 Posts
I like his standup comedy in drag. I hate his acting. I was looking forward to the show The Riches but once I saw it I turned it off.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Love love love love him.....ohhhhh man!!!

Bf hadn't watched it before so we watched some of the stand-up on Netflix together. He enjoyed it, we pretty much laughed at all the same parts, TOO FUN!

I enjoyed Riches, to the extreme when it first came out, then towards the end it got a little dragged on but I still didn't want it to end.

He's just so real to me, so very true to himself. I want that someday.

·
Registered
63 Posts
He is my very favorite comedian, too. I love how he pulls in historic and sociological facts. I saw him in San Diego a few years ago -- I felt that he'd get swayed by the audience and go off on ideas that just occurred to him.

We actually sat and watched him look up something on his smart phone while he was on stage. And it was funny.

I was following him on Twitter when he was running. He'd send links to photos of what he was running past.

Glad to see so many who appreciate fine humor here at the village!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
"You killed a hundred thousand people? You must get up VERY early in the morning!" Eddie Izzard on mass murdering ****-heads

The man is a comedic genius when he is on his game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts