Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were any floral designers/floral crafters on the boards.

Sara

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I worked for a florist for awhile when I lived in PA. I did alot of the flower arranging/designing... also all of the deliveries.
I loved it... my dream is to own a florist/craft shop someday. :)

I still use flowers in alot of my crafts. I really enjoy working with them. You can use them in so many ways.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I've done a little..... Would like to learn more...

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was a designer for too long. LOL I started when I was 16.
I haven't done any floral designs since having my son, but often toy with the idea of getting back into it.
I freelanced and did craft shows in addition to wedding consulting, designing, event/party planning.
In the future, I may add some floral tutorials to the website.
My interests have shifted considerably since "those days", but I sometimes miss it.

Sara

·
Registered
593 Posts
yep...i was a designer for about 6 yrs...i'v done weddings partys ect..I do really miss it sometimes i just couldnt take one more day with the owner of the store!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't take one more year of selflessness during the holidays. LOL
Killing myself 80 hrs a week to plan some wealthy person's holiday fun was not a healthy way to live once married and wanting to start a family.
Our first year married we both worked Christmas Eve and Gabe even worked Christmas day. That was my lightbulb moment that I wasn't living life the way I truly wanted.
I miss competing my designs, being creative daily, and the gift and trade shows, but otherwise I have replaced many of the aspects that made me happy with my career with other things that make me more fulfilled.

Sara

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I do alot of floral crafts, and did my own wedding flowers (because I am so darn cheap.) I would love to take a class in it. just haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I would love to see a floral tutorial !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts