Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to whether there are other people following the FlyLady system, and what their take on it is.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I belong to her site and I get emails every day.
I think she's a little intense and I am
no way close to keeping up with all of it.
I do try to do things in 15 minute intevalls

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I, too, signed up for the e-mails. You get a LOT of e-mails. I haven't kept up with everything, either, but I find that it is helping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I signed up for the emails and printed off a lot of the lists and such. There are lots of emails with lots of good ideas.If I just had the energy that these folks seem to have, it would be great LOL I don't think my home will ever be spotless and organized until all the children are grown.

Take Care,
Susan

·
Registered
98 Posts
Me, me :) House is still far, far from perfect, but much more organized than it used to be. Flylady was one of the only things that helped me survive when I was a working mom - house is gradually looking better now that I'm staying home.

Sandi

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ive been involved in the flylady system since i got married 5 years ago. Ive never truly followed it because i believe you have to make it your own. Though ive used her methods, along with the Pam and Peggy SHE books. There is also a yahoo group i use because i like to have lists around the house and these are cute ones....(im talking i have lists taped up in my cupboard doors and such)
So if youre looking for lists http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FLYingFrannyKickers/ is great one. She has some very neat lists under the files that with word you can change for your schedule. I especially like but i don't have kids is the Kids Journal Pages, very cute and a great way to get kids started in being organized and having routines i think.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
yes im fluttering along. like most i don't follow it to the letter but i do use her principles in my house and it keeps things running smoothly and generally clean and tidy

·
Registered
182 Posts
I signed up but its dosnt work for me , and i didnt like learning in steps , i like learning the whole thing and then applying , and her application just wasnt for my oddball family or schedule

·
Registered
191 Posts
I signed up but its dosnt work for me , and i didnt like learning in steps , i like learning the whole thing and then applying , and her application just wasnt for my oddball family or schedule
Yep thats how i was in the beginning, then i just had to make it my own, i use some of her principles but defintely not all of them. like i do not wear shoes in my house which shes frowns upon, also i dont just do 15 minutes i do it until its done but within my routine. Also i do the zones per a day not per a week.

·
8,714 Posts
~I'm a member! 4 years now. Even have the official timer and duster(and year before last I had the calendar). I am such a perfectionist that I will think and plan the best way to clean for hours and never actually get anything done. After reading the site and emails I got curious about how long chores actually take. Almost everything that needs doing CAN be done in 15 minutes! Kinda opened my eyes to what a waste it was to procrastinate over such small things. I really need to re-do all my routines to include educational activities with Roman. Haven't updated them in over a year.~

·
Registered
708 Posts
I stumbled across the site and ended up reading EVERYTHING on it. I love a lot of her ideas...I can definitely see how having a routine can save your house and your sanity when you're a mom running after kids. I don't need to use much right now, but I have the site bookmarked for when my life gets busier.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
i joined.... but its 50/50 that I can even find my sink :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Me! Me!

I like a lot of her ideas, but had to do some serious tweaking to make them fit my family's lives.

And the emails are a bit much. I rarely have time to read any but a few a them every day.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I fall on and off the "flywagon", but I'm "on" right now! I love the decluttering stuff. I definitely need that motivation in my life.

G

·
I LOVE Flylady! I waited to start following her system until we got married, and I wish I'd started sooner. No, I don't follow her rules to the letter, but I have had an extreme attitude adjustment since I joined that makes my life a lot nicer. I'm one of those who go on and off the wagon - it has definetly helped me. I recommend her site to lots of people.

Although lately I think a lot of the emails are more about pushing her products, but that's getting off topic..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I do class myself as a flybaby but I have just unsubscribed from the email list if that makes sense.

I have my routines pretty much internalised so don't feel the need to be reminded to shine my sink and all that stuff. Plus I was getting the daily digest but not reading it so the emails we piling up and I was logging on just to delete things, which sidetracked me lol.

But I have decluttered the house and with my routines the house is tidy and clean all the time, so it has been a huge success for me. I've moved to the stage where I'm Flying without the lady but another board I visit has a group of flybabies so we all support each other and it works really well. I do listen to the radio show on a Friday even though I'm not Leanne's biggest fan.

I agree with Telphus44 that there's more pushing of products than there used to be but I just ignore that and take what works for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am a S.H.E. from early 2000 to present. (Sidetracked Home Executive) FlyLady was a S.H.E. until, with Pam & Peggy's blessing, she went out on her own. I met her at a S.H.E. convention a few years ago, in Oregon. Quite the dynamo and a sense of humor that was wonderful. I still follow the S.H.E. system. It is one that I am comfortable with. I hear that there is a lot of success with the FlyLady system, also. :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I am- although i pick & choose thru her routines. If I could do all those emails- i would have my own site! :va: :dishes: :coffee3: :laundry: :bolt:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used to sub to her group and get the e-mails but then they started annoying me and I was just deleting them without reading.

Finally I unsubbed altogether from the group ...

I love reading her website, just not getting all of the e-mails. *lol*

Love,

Jennelle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts