Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of Jimmy K. here :) 11 years

Any other friends of Bill W. or Jimmy K.?

Reactions: Suzan Bits

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats on 11 years! :applause: My husband is a friend of Bill W. and I often go to meetings with him. He just got his 4-year medallion last week. I'm very, very proud of him.

·
Registered
942 Posts
This is funny I thought about starting this KITH last night. I'm a friend of Bill W.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Count me in! 8 months for me!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Good for you Amy! It is rough..... my life has changed completely..but in a good way :) One day at a time! Right? :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Bill W was a co-founder of the society Alcoholics Anonymous.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And Jimmy K. started Narcotics Anonymous

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My brother and sister-in-law are friends of both Bill W. and Jimmy K. My brother has been for 18 years now, a little longer for sister-in-law.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Friend of Bill W. for 15 years

Cat

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to find 'family' here :D

Reactions: Suzan Bits

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not a member, but there but for the grace go I(runs in my family). I'm an adult child of an alcoholic, so I think you all are amazing for conquering these demons.:congrats:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Ditto, and have lost many friends to various substances (child of the 70's). I lucked out and got to quit drinking for a different health reason, and think mine was the easy way out. Both programs, incidentally, have greatly inspired CODA, of which I am a long-time member.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
old thread but... me too.

friend of bill w since 1991. attend al-anon mostly now, for ongoing responsibility for my life.

I have been lately reading the "debtors anonymous" books again to tighten up personal responsibility, since we are adjusting to a one income living.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My brother is a friend of Bill W and Jimmy K. I am glad he cleaned up his act, he is looking a lot better, still even though he is my younger brother he looks a lot older than I do. I still think he has a great story to tell, if only I can get him to tell it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts