Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my 3yr old to let me put eyedrops in his eyes..now the doctor said it wouldn't be easy but he didn't say I'd basically have to use my whole body to pin ds down to accomplish this... Is there an easier way?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Have him lay down and close his eyes. Then put the drops in the corner of his eye near his nose. Then tell him to open his eyes. The drops just roll into the eye. You might want to pull down on his bottom eye lid just a little (it opens the eye up better) Works very well without seeing the drops coming at ya.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Get ds to lay down on the floor, put his head between your legs, put your legs over his shoulders then you can get them in. I know it really sounds terrible but it works and you won't poke him in the eye.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Try doing it when he is napping, before he wakes up in the morning and as soon as he falls asleep at night. That should give you plenty of opportunities and he won't even know you did it.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I can't help you on this one....I'm one of those that hate to put things in my eyes....I'm a big chicken when it comes to that. :D I hope you are able to do it!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I was going to suggest asking the Doc if it comes in an ointment (if you're lucky enough to have to do this again). You can just pull the lower lid down and apply with a clean fingertip. This is how we did the Mentally Retarded adults.

Great tips ladies, I hope I remember, jic!

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ladies..

I'll try some of these with his afternoon dosage.

I did get them in this morning by having him watch cartoons while I put them in..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts