Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grandma and I have started decorating for the holidays. my navitity is up, my snowman and snow globes. My cookie jar is out he is a happy snowman.Grandmas angels and Christmas carnival is up. We will put the trees up on Thanksgiving nite. Have you started yet?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have a few snowman decorations up yet but dh won't let me decorate until after Thanksgiving. ):

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got the main tree up. It's got fall colors for decoration (burgundy, purple and gold). I've also got white lights I hang under my kitchen cabinets during daylights savings time. I call them my anti-depressant lights.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That would be a negative. :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
:thud:

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS???????????????????????

ALREADY?????????????????? :thud:

(Snowmen aren't Xmas..........they are "winter".......and cute!! I like them!!)

Let us get over TURKEY DAY first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I won't haul out the indoor decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.

HOWEVER....our outside decorations have been up since right before Halloween. DH hates putting lights on the roof of the house when it is slippery and snow is going down his neck. Plus, the ground will be froze for my in-ground decorations if we wait until mid-December. A lot of people do the same thing here, because our weather can turn miserable very, very quickly.

The lights do not get turned on until after Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy each holiday separately, not all blurred together.

·
Registered
540 Posts
At this point, I am packing up the items that are where Christmas decorations are going. Should be done by Friday, then will work on Christmas decorating. Tree and wreaths wont go up till Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I will start getting organized on turkey day....and will start decorating the day after. For me...now is still too early!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
DH won't let me even mention the word Christmas w/o freaking out :( My gf has already put up her decor for both winter and Christmas...no word on her tree yet LOL

I will wait til Dec 1st before broaching the subject again LOL

·
Registered
549 Posts
we don't have any decorations up.

the first to go up is our advent calendar on the 1st...but we won't decorate until mid-december.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Grandma and I have started decorating for the holidays. my navitity is up, my snowman and snow globes. My cookie jar is out he is a happy snowman.Grandmas angels and Christmas carnival is up. We will put the trees up on Thanksgiving nite. Have you started yet?
I love snow globes!

The only thing I've put out is a new hand towel I bought last night - just couldn't wait to see it up in my bathroom. I did hang my outdoor lights, but they're not on yet. I probably won't put stuff up until the day after Thanksgiving (although the lights go on Thanksgiving night!)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Have very rigid Christmas decoration and Christmas song rules at this house. No Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

That said :)

Buddy has been practicing Christmas song on the cello for a few months now. Little Miss is starting to learning Christmas songs on the keyboard at school.

Little Miss made a power point presentation on Swedish Christmas traditions. Had to pull out Christmas decorations to photograph for the presentation.

I took the opportunity of the Christmas decorations photo shoot to change my avatar .
<=== isn't he cute?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have all my Christmas decor out !! inside snowmen, little lights over a window with a green swag, I am so hyped for Christmas this year I will hopefully put my tree up around the frist of december and give it lots of water and hope it does not dry out to quickly lol the tree is my favorite part of decorating p.s stockings are hung as well i use some stocking just for decorating purpose only, and my gift stockings are filled yes i am quite excited

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Some decorating done. 2 trees up, 2 to go. Part of village, Pine decorations and wool blankets on front porch rockers.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not really, hubby would have a fit, lol. I did pick up the gifts from my Mom today for the kids, they look so festive, so I piled them up on our front table. It looks sweet. I am making some Christmas items this weekend, can't wait to decorate!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
DH wants to be involved with it this year, so we are going to decorate Thanksgiving day. I usually do that weekend, but this works. He works 6 days a week after that until Jan. :(

1 - 20 of 53 Posts