Frugal Village Forums banner

any one have Christmas decorations up yet

5K views 52 replies 40 participants last post by  Rhayne 
#1 ·
Grandma and I have started decorating for the holidays. my navitity is up, my snowman and snow globes. My cookie jar is out he is a happy snowman.Grandmas angels and Christmas carnival is up. We will put the trees up on Thanksgiving nite. Have you started yet?

#2 ·
I have a few snowman decorations up yet but dh won't let me decorate until after Thanksgiving. ):

#7 · (Edited)
I won't haul out the indoor decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.

HOWEVER....our outside decorations have been up since right before Halloween. DH hates putting lights on the roof of the house when it is slippery and snow is going down his neck. Plus, the ground will be froze for my in-ground decorations if we wait until mid-December. A lot of people do the same thing here, because our weather can turn miserable very, very quickly.

The lights do not get turned on until after Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy each holiday separately, not all blurred together.

#8 ·
At this point, I am packing up the items that are where Christmas decorations are going. Should be done by Friday, then will work on Christmas decorating. Tree and wreaths wont go up till Thanksgiving.

#13 ·
I love snow globes!

The only thing I've put out is a new hand towel I bought last night - just couldn't wait to see it up in my bathroom. I did hang my outdoor lights, but they're not on yet. I probably won't put stuff up until the day after Thanksgiving (although the lights go on Thanksgiving night!)

#15 ·
Have very rigid Christmas decoration and Christmas song rules at this house. No Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

That said :)

Buddy has been practicing Christmas song on the cello for a few months now. Little Miss is starting to learning Christmas songs on the keyboard at school.

Little Miss made a power point presentation on Swedish Christmas traditions. Had to pull out Christmas decorations to photograph for the presentation.

I took the opportunity of the Christmas decorations photo shoot to change my avatar .
<=== isn't he cute?

#17 ·
I have all my Christmas decor out !! inside snowmen, little lights over a window with a green swag, I am so hyped for Christmas this year I will hopefully put my tree up around the frist of december and give it lots of water and hope it does not dry out to quickly lol the tree is my favorite part of decorating p.s stockings are hung as well i use some stocking just for decorating purpose only, and my gift stockings are filled yes i am quite excited

#20 ·
DH wants to be involved with it this year, so we are going to decorate Thanksgiving day. I usually do that weekend, but this works. He works 6 days a week after that until Jan. :(

#21 ·
I haven't done any of the decorating, but we did buy a fake Christmas tree and I have started making the ornaments. I still have a long way to go making ornaments. I have set the color scheme for all decorating stuff (white, gray, silver, and purple).

We're going to have a Tree-Trimming Party sometime in early December. Probably around the 5th or so. Just have a few friends over for finger food and such. We'll set up the tree before that but that will be when the actual decorating happens. So I have until then to make the rest of the ornaments.

No lights this year - don't need any more electric usage in this house!

#25 ·
Almost done. Didn't plan on this soon, was just gonna get things ready and do most of it Thursday, but went through them to get rid of what I don't want and made a mess. Landlord is coming by sometime next week, so had to clean it up which ment decorating. Tree, wreaths and lights wont go up or on till Thursday.

#26 ·
We have the outdoor lights up. We always put them on the house when put out the Halloween decorations. Snow and cold happens by early November most years here, making it impossible to get the lights up any later! We won't turn them on until December 1st, though, when we decorate the rest of the house.

For the same reason, the outdoor lights stay on the house until late winter or early spring. Too dangerous to climb on the roof when it's covered in ice. But we quit turning them on after Christmas :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.