Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any other southern country folk out there.:chug: Nice to meet ya!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I'm in Florida, but I just moved into town from the country so I guess I don't qualify. But I do act as though I live in the country with gardening, etc...

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
We live in northern Louisiana on five acres so I guess I qualify.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Country girl here! (just don't make me listen to country music though! eeewww)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello Country Girl hear My entire family and me are from big stone gap Virginia

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, how could someone not like country music? Lol, I have it on in the background at my house literally every waking moment!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Does small town in the middle of nowhere count?

Also, I WAS country when country wasn't cool. Love George Strait, but also the old Dolly Parton (Jolene, Joshua, Coat of Many Colors) and Roy Clark.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does small town in the middle of nowhere count?

Also, I WAS country when country wasn't cool. Love George Strait, but also the old Dolly Parton (Jolene, Joshua, Coat of Many Colors) and Roy Clark.

Sure does! I am also from a TINY town in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't live in the country, but I wish I did. :) Living in the country is actually part of our retirement goals. I am jealous of you all!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Country here too, 5 1/2 acres (not enough!) When my road got paved, I knew it was all over, now there are a few new homes going up down the road. Good thing there is a 200 acre farm right behind me. At least I can look out back and see NOTHING, just some cows.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't live in the country, but I wish I did. :) Living in the country is actually part of our retirement goals. I am jealous of you all!
I see you're in Northern Va? Oh I don't envy you! I lived for almost 3 years in Woodbridge and Alexandria and HATED it there.:bow:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I see you're in Northern Va? Oh I don't envy you! I lived for almost 3 years in Woodbridge and Alexandria and HATED it there.:bow:
That's right, rub it in! :toothy: Just kidding.
We were once neighbors! We used to live Montclair, hated it so we moved a little further down 95. We are now in Stafford. We loved it when we moved here because there wasn't much here. Now, right on Garrisonville, we have Target, WalMart, Bed Bath and Beyond, TJ Maxx, Ross, Lowes, Home Depot, all those "big" stores and more restuarants and 7-11's then I can count. We can't wait to leave this area, it's becoming too overgrown for us. Also, they are now widening Garrisonville. Going from 4 lanes to 6. It's a mess!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
NC girl here. I live somewhat in town now but have lived on a farm most of my married life. I hope this is just a small stop.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am a country girl through and through. Was born and raised in Missouri on a working farm and still live on a farm in small town Missouri. It's the life for me, but I work in the city and I get all the "Green Acres" jokes....but they all have the big houses and fancy cars and all the credit card payments...and I am laughing all the way to the bank....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts