Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a night owl most of my life. Sometimes I read, study or do some lite cleaning around the house or just watch t.v. or movies that I have either recorded or bought.
what do you like to late at night?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i am usually a night owl too. only when i am ill will i go to bed before 10 pm. generally i am up till midnight. and i wake the minute sun comes through my window. i get most of my laundry, sweeping, mopping, etc done at night. my kids sleep through me vaccing their rooms too.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am a night owl too, I usually go to bed at anytime between 1-3am, DH and I end up watching a movie when the kids are in bed or play on the computer, when I am sick I too tend to go to bed early or when DH is away on a business trip.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am such a night owl. I love Nick at Night, so I always have that on. I also spend a lot of time on the computer. :fyi: Frugal Village is so dead after eleven o'clock:lol:. I will do some scrapbooking, clean out cupboards, or cook sometimes if I am bored.

I stay up mainly due to medical reasons. But, when my kids were babies I was so afraid of SIDS I would watch them sleep for hours. Also, DS is a bad sleep walker and I feel better if I keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Night owl here also. Dh works til 1-3am so I am on his sleeping schedule. I mostly watch movies, do some baking or cooking, make my mixes, read.
Barb

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am a night owl too. I usally stay up until 1 or so. With the execptin if I have to be at work at 7 the next mornig. I usally watch nick at night. Sometimes if there is a good movie that is on the I will watch that. I will also do some light cleaning.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have been a night owl for as long as I can remember. I work an 11pm - 9am shift, which suits me just fine! :lol3: On weekends and nights off, I generally stay up until about 3 A.M. I watch movies, clean, read, mess around on the computer, go to Wal-Mart... just about anything.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Growing up I was always a night owl.

These days my problem is that I'm up late doing stuff because I just can't stop and go to bed BUT I also love getting up early and doing work in the morning. If I could I would go to bed at 1 and get up at 6-7am, but eventually I'd need more sleep! I want to abolish afternoons; one thing I'm NOT is an afternoon person.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I always preferred night time, and now I have an evening shift job, get off at 11. I aspire to be in bed by 1 or 1:30 because on Saturdays, I have to work a morning shift. That's tough, home by 11:30, leave at 7:30 to get back to work. A consistent earlier bed time would be better, but who am I kidding? Through the week the nights get later and later. If I didn't have the one morning shift -- how I hate it -- I would always be up until 3 or 4 a.m. Last night I read until 3, who knows when I'll get to bed tonight. I just do whatever in the late hours, except cleaning or laundry. That can get noisy and I try to respect my neighbors in the apartments beside me. So reading, computer, sewing, playing with the cats, chilling and watching to the fish... so much to do, so little time. And yes, the Village is dead at night.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am a night owl for sure. I stay up until 3-4am, unless I have a day job then I am up until only 12-1am. I like to read, get on the computer, watch tv, usually Nick at Night, but on the Style channel sometimes they have clean house or Maxed Out on and I watch those. I love old sitcoms like Roseanne (right now that's my favorite). I like to organize paper work and clip coupons too. I can't vacuum or do laundry after 8:30 because I live in an apt. and those are the rules. I find enough to keep me busy, I just don't like to go to bed early, not even if I have to get up early. If that ever happens I try to take a nap in the afternoon. I agree that frugal village seems very quiet late at night. I like to play the games in the arcade here, queens jewels is my favorite right now. It's nice to know I am not alone and that there are other's out there staying up late and doing the same types of things as me. No one else I know burns the midnight oil quite like I do.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm a night owl too. I guess in a way I've always been one. Unfortunately a good deal of my sleeplessness has to do with my bipolar disorder. Although I do remember my mom telling me that when she carried me I was always more active late at night when my dad was gone to work -- he worked 3rd shift. Maybe all this 'nite owl' stuff started.

I clean or laundry rarely just out of consideration for roomies and the noise factor because I have roomies. But I do clean/organize the kitchen or cook or bake and roomies really like it 'cuz they have fresh bread, muffins, cookies or bars when they get up in the morning for breakfast or to take to lunch. Most of the time I waste time online or watching TV... either Nick at Nite, Discovery Health or Soap Network if I've missed my soap opera during the day.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Lately I have been but haven't always. I used to like to hit the sack early but the last couple of years I've been staying up late on the computer or working on a sewing project.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, I'm an insomniac, so I guess that makes me a night owl!! Luckily I do most of my work at home so I can sleep some during the day.

When I'm up, I watch t.v., get on the computer (like now), and read. I like the time late at night (or early morning) when everything is quiet.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Growing up I was always a night owl.

These days my problem is that I'm up late doing stuff because I just can't stop and go to bed BUT I also love getting up early and doing work in the morning. If I could I would go to bed at 1 and get up at 6-7am, but eventually I'd need more sleep! I want to abolish afternoons; one thing I'm NOT is an afternoon person.
This is EXACTLY how I am. I am a night owl, for sure. But, I love it when I have to get up early (the only I get up early is when I have to). On that rare occasion when I get to see the sun rise, I think "I should do this more often." If I could sleep from 1 -4 in the afternoon, I'd stay up till 3 am and get up by 7 am. That would be perfect for me!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'm a night person who has had to become a day person to accomodate the family! My husband doesn't understand that the best time for sleeping for me is after 2-3 AM. He's a day person and doesnt' care how much noise or movement he makes when he's up (frequently 5-6 AM) My body has always come alive after 10 PM and early morning is actually painful for my body. I guess I am chronically sleep deprived because I am woken up very early even though I my not have gotten to sleep until very late. sigh.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I work from 7PM to 7AM so I am a definately a night owl. I always sleep better during the day.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who stays up all night. I used to think that :rest: was a waste of time {for me personally}:wink: I think that has to do with all the health problems & pain I deal with. I used to be online late at night but since my dad moved in I let him go online at night since I spend ALL day on:rolleyes:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I always seeem to perk up and have more energy in the evenings and sleep better if I stay up later. I love working evenings and coming home and doing housework, watching tv or going online for another few hours. I find it hard to get myself to bed early when I work days. I think of all sorts of things to do instead.:glass:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Night Owl Here too

I am definitely an night owl Usually up until 1 or later. Sadly I have to get up at 6:30 am, except on weekends. I will be up late tonight.

I usually watch movies or TV shows I have recorded, read, or play on the computer, catch up on EMail. I have one friend who works at the Post Office I I can catch her up late at night.

Mary Jo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts