Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered who else is in college...trying to balance home & family...along with all the tests, homework, and stresses of college? :jug:

I'm majoring in chemistry (bio-chem)...still have a loooooooong ways to go! But enjoying it! :)

I'm swamped with homework, but my brain hurts...so I'm taking a 1-hour FV break!! :D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I just finished my BS degree in February, graduated in July (a mere 36 years after finishing high school:) )
I'm contemplating grad school right now, but on the 'one class at a time plan, as I'm still homeschooling the teenagers, and working.

It's hard, but I really enjoyed the challenge, especially the part where I SMOKED the teenagers in the class grade-wise. They realized about two weeks in to the Chemistry class I took that I possessed math skills, and then fell all over themselves to be my lab partner!!! Felt good, too!

What do you plan to do with your degree? Are you taking classes in a classroom or online?

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your degree!! YES, it IS nice to see the teens shock when you earn the great grades!! :D hehehe

I'm attending a University... I've got a few different ideas for after I earn my B.S. (won't be until May '14). Grad school or med school. We'll see when the time comes along... :)

·
19,119 Posts
I went back to get my advanced degree in special education when I was 49 - which seemed very old at the time!! I was teaching full time and my DD was then 9. It was only a two year course - thank goodness, and at the end my mantra was "Just do it"

I am so glad that you and others are investing your time in yourselves!! You are worth it - and - the time will go by whether you do something or not!!

Keep checking in with us - we'll cheer you one!!

Reactions: MaryCarney

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I did it ages ago. LOVED IT! Was an 'older' student but had a ball, lived on coffee, was totally stressed, got about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, and looking back don't have a clue how I did it.......you just do! If you like what you are doing the time just flies and before you know it you are graduating!

KUDOS AND CONGRATS TO YOU..........the time will fly....enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I went back to get my advanced degree in special education when I was 49 - which seemed very old at the time!! I was teaching full time and my DD was then 9. It was only a two year course - thank goodness, and at the end my mantra was "Just do it"

I am so glad that you and others are investing your time in yourselves!! You are worth it - and - the time will go by whether you do something or not!!

Keep checking in with us - we'll cheer you one!!
The time will go by whether you do something or not!! That is so true Mauimagic - thanks for reminding us!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
It helps if you have a supportive family. I went back to get my Master's while being married and working full time. Then I got pregnant and had to finish my last course and write my research paper after the baby was born. But I had an understanding husband who was very supportive and put up with neverending week-ends when he had to do everything by himself because I was buried in homework.
BUT in the end you know you accomplished something great that can improve your life so it's worth it. Keep reminding yourself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and keep coming back to this site for support.
Good luck and show those teenagers who's got it !!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just put in my application for a certificate program today with a local university. It just a one year program for private investigation. Also found a one day deal with a local PI/trainer next week as well.

I figured it is a small investment into a possible career change with an improvement in attitude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts