·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone at all?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yes, though my DS is 21 and gone from home.
I like your squirrel. Don't recognize your name. Are you fairly new here? I've been out for a while.
Anyway, having been a single mom for years, I am now the sometimes-confused VERY-empty-nester. Much of the time I enjoy the peace and quiet, but occasionally I simply feel isolated from everyone.
How are you doing?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh, I'm more of a lurker but I've started to post more on the board. I'm not a mom yet, but I'm trying to be and I'm saving up for that purpose. I mean, I'm frugal anyway but that's huge motivator in me saving. Thank you for responding to my post- I feel a little lonely at times too. Thanks for liking my squirrel- I think he's fun! I like little furry things, LOL.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am a single mother by choice! I left my ex...my choice...and I am totally happy with that decision, me and my kids are much healthier and happy for the choice...we got that toxic mess away from us! I would have liked to have a nice big happy family with a mommy and a daddy and all the kids together in one house...but we are so much better off!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oh, yeah, I'm a single mom by choice. Much better this way, then to be tied to someone who doesn't want to be a parent or an adult. Wished I'd have figured that out a little sooner. lol

Although my youngest DD18 will most likely be leaving for college in the fall, then, I will be an empty nester!!!! WooHoo!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm an SMC - on an adoption waiting list. TTC'd for 2.5 years with my eggs and donor eggs - my eggs too old, with donor eggs kept miscarrying due to immune issues. So I've been on the list for a newborn girl for nine months via domestic adoption. I'm with AdoptHelp: Baby Adoption in the USA, Birthmothers and Adoptive Parents.. Really like them.

I think it's definitely different being an SMC than being a single mom due to divorce - there are coparenting issues, relationship issues, alimony, child support stuff, etc. And many single moms who are divorced know that they'll get a weekend to themselves every other weekend and many can rely on their ex in a pinch, whereas we don't have that. Also, I think that single moms who are used to being married and having support then have to make an adjustment to doing it on their own, while we are used to doing things for ourselves, being on our own, having to find support, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes mam!!! My daughter (born is 2003) is the result of a very close guy friend who decided to "help" me out and be a "donor". My son (born in 2006) came to me through a state adoption agency. I do everything myself & couldn't imagine it any other way. I don't get child support, emotional support or weekends off, BUT I also get to make all the rules and don't have to share them with anyone but MY family. It's the toughest job I'll ever love!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I felt like a single mother during my 10 year off and on marriage anyway, paid all the bills myself, took care of the kids, worked crazy hours, he always left and took off when things were difficult. So finally decided to drop the title of wife..lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a single mother by choice! I left my ex...my choice...and I am totally happy with that decision, me and my kids are much healthier and happy for the choice...we got that toxic mess away from us! I would have liked to have a nice big happy family with a mommy and a daddy and all the kids together in one house...but we are so much better off!!

I did the same choice for our mental health. My only regret is not to form a ''normal'' family for my children. It's the only regret 'cause we live so much better now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts