Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be having a nice dinner with some of my fav foods.
I only ask for three things on Mothers Day.
No whining
No arguing
And please wash all the windows in the house, inside & out.:D

What would make that day nice for you or a Mom you love?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We stay at home or go to a park, resteraunts are too crowded for me on Mother's day...... Just a quiet day is good for me........

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
We are having a bbq pool party, they always are so much fun, and I dont have to clean up :)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
no special plans here...:( have fun everyone!:D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I am going to be unfrugal for mother's day. With all the yucky stuff going on in my life lately, I feel like what I want for mother's day is a break. So..... me and dd are sneaking off to the coast for 3 days. Yes 3 whole days of rest and relaxation. No looking over my shoulder and no cooking or cleaning. I can't hardly wait until I get there.

Pat

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We are going to a cookout Saturday (dh's mom), and after that we are going to his stepmom's. The next day I will be spending time with my mom.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We don't have anything specific planned....and I doubt DH has any surprises up his sleeve. We talked about it a little last week, and I told him that the only thing I want is the gift of time. I want a whole 24 hour period where I can do what I want, when I want, with no child care responsibilities. There are several projects around the house I would like the time to work on, and it's hard to get much done with all the interruptions from my two beautiful DDs. It doesn't have to happen on Mother's Day, but a Saturday would be good. DH didn't agree to it, since it would be easier to go buy me some gift I don't really want. He may decide to do it, but he hasn't said so yet:(.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We are headed to the lake this weekend to go camping. DH gets to do all the cooking when we camp!:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We had planned on going camping but we forgot that DD has a softball tounament this weekend, so we will be going to that instead. Saturday is our anniversary and Sunday is Mother's Day so it is a special weekend here. We will be going out on Saturday night for a steak and then to play cards with my Daddy and my sister. (Penny ante poker, lol)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
gonna do the same thing as I do every day....(Try to take over the world! - sorry about that...Pinky and the Brain Cartoon reference there)

Actually I will be doing the same as any other day. DH has never done anyting special for me on Mother's Day...(or any other holiday/birthday now that i think about it:( ) So i will sit at home, cleaning, doing dishes, cooking, etc. Oh well.

Hope though that everyone else has a great mother's day. :smball:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts