Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always worked outside of the home and as of May 4 I will become a stay at home wife. I have never done this before. We are empty nesters so I won't have kids to take care of, but lots of grandchildren to enjoy. This will be a big change for me, and the reason this is happening is because of my back problems. I am hoping my back will heal up some by staying home. I am looking forward to it, but a little scared. Thank God we have been frugal and won't struggle to much. Just wondered if there were any stay at home wives out there...Blessings..Kathy :coffee3:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm not a stay at home wife, but I wanted to wish you all the best! I hope your back feels better and that you enjoy being at home.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am not a stay-at-home wife, but I am a SAHM, I do want to wish you a speedy recovery :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm a SAHW! My son is in the Navy and married. It's just me, DH and our dogs :) I left the corporate world 5 years ago and have absolutely no regrets :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm 55 and a SAHW. I lost my job a year ago. Dh is a long distance truck driver and not home very much. I sometimes travel with him. Staying home has been quite an adjustment for me, as I previously was a corporate traveler and was also on the road quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Im a SAHW, and we have a 14b and 10 b. Ive been at a sahm since i got pregnent with the first child. I love it. Theres always something to do around the house. And lots of time in the week to volunteer my time when i do. Or knit and crochet fro certain organizations.
Hope u feel better soon.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
:wave2: I am and I love it. Don't worry about not finding enough to keep yourself busy.... You'll probably have an adjustment period where you feel like you don't have enough to do then WHAM, you've got more than you want to do....all the time....lol. I have mostly been a stay at home for the 30 years we've been married, working here and there but mostly wanting to be home. I really, really love being a stay at home and now a stay at home empty nester is great too. No grandkids here yet but lots of time to spend with Gripey and do things at my own pace. Good luck with the back recoup, hope you get the relief you need.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am a SAHW and love it. From where we live it would not be frugal for us for me to go to work, living as rural as we do. I am 57 and am not in the least bit
sorry that we decided for me to stay home years ago when our son was growing up and never went back except for 2 years when I worked for GE. Dh and I to put it mildly were having hall sex. He worked nights as he does now and of course I worked days. So that came to an abrupt halt. Being at home gives me more time to be more frugal than I have been in the past. The breads get made, The mixes are kept full, canning and drying are done when necessary and the laundry is hung outside. Working, alot of this would not get done in a timely fashion and alot would not get done at all. Enjoy your time at home and become even more frugal that before. God speed with your health.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I stay at home, our children are grown.I have always worked, decided we needed to slow down the pace of our lives, and here I am. Busy and happy.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi!

I am a stay at home wife and have been for the lat 4 years I think it is. We have no children, just a buuny rabbit. I love being a housewife, especially as it really surprises people when they ask me what I do :)

·
27,948 Posts
:wave2: Me, Me! I've been a SAHM since just before my kids were born and now they are both away at college so I'm reclassified as a SAHW , lol. Taking care of the home is my job & I really enjoy it except for cleaning our stupid tub.;)
So glad you can give yourself time to heal, take good care and don't push trying to make everything perfect all at once. :heartsm:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
darlene I have a easier way to help you keep your tub cleaner longer.
What kind of tub do you have? Is it made of enamel like most tubs? or a old metal one?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am a stay at home wife for the 5 years we've been married. I love it and so does my husband. He wouldn't mind if i worked but he would much rather I stay at home. It makes him feel safer and me as well. It also allows us to go away for a weekend on the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I'm a sahw...I was a sahm all my life..now my girls are grown..I have two grandsons and I do alot of things with them..I had my 8 year old gs all weekend and took him to school this a.m....It isn't really benificial for me to work because it throws us in a higher tax bracket and we end up having to pay in at the end of the year instead of getting back...I am and always have been happy at home...I also do alot for our church.We are an Angel Food ministries host site and I spend a lot of time working on this..I love it!!...It is such a blessing to people!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel very encouraged right now and I posted this in another section too. I get confused where I have posted things...oh well...maybe staying at home will help my memory..lol....I think I will like staying home...it will just be a change...thanks for the encouragement...Blessings...Kathy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just started being a SAHW in December. I'd been working 3 jobs and going crazy when I lost 1 job to downsizing, 1 job to lack of work, and decided to leave the third one as it wasn't really worth the time I put into it for the pay ... all at the same time. Since then I've been at home (although still occasionally looking for employment), but I must say that I've fallen in love with being in control of my time. I adore being able to fully bless my home and my family instead of rushing through everything all the time. Hang in there, there are others of us around.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Currently I work outside of the home, but will be quitting to open my inhome daycare in about a month.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Don't know if you'll see this so many months later, but I am a stay at home wife (non-mom), and have found that I am incredibly rare. I quit my job partly because of phyiscal problems also. I hope you're doing well.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I too am a SAHW and love it.
I stay busy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts