Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any suggestions on what types of exercise I might be able to do with a weak ankle.

I tried doing something basic like heel lifts, but after about five my ankle starts to feel like it is going to go out.

Anway..any suggestions on how to build it up and get back into the swing of things would be appreciated..

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I can't say for sure what would build your ankle back up, but until it gets better there are a lot of seated workouts I think would work good.

I used to do 'half' jumping jacks. Just imagine doing them without using your legs :D I did these while in my third trimester since I couldn't really jump anyways, but just the arm movement was really a great warmup for me :) Also 'boxing' while twisting your torso (also while seated)

Then you should probably be able to lift weights while seated on a chair for the main workout part? Usually you don't need to press on your feet/ankles too much but it's hard for me to say since I haven't tried it with a hurt ankle.

Also, I'm no doctor so if in doubt check with them too :)

I hope your ankle gets better soon! :)

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
I would just concentrate on stretching and range of motion exercises until it strengthens up....how did you hurt your ankle?

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theresa,

It all started when I fell off a trampoline. Ever since they have been really touchy.

Then last summer I had a dog broadside me while playing catch and she totally knocked me off my feet. I should've gone to the dr at that point but DH wasn't being much of a dear at the time..he just walked me to my car...buckled ds in and said he'd be home in a hour.... now if I'm not careful and hit uneven ground or what not it'll go on me. I know I know..I should really tell a dr..but I'm so afraid of what they would want to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts