Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One just opened near us, never been, but have heard they're like Goodwill...any bargain 'tips' anyone can share? Do they have a 'discount club' or markdown system or anything? TIA!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Here, if you bring in a donation you get a 20% coupon. And the store here is huge...it will take several hours to go through it. Usually a certain color of tag is 1/2 price. I think it changes weekly....

·
19,119 Posts
At our Savers you really need to know your prices. There are a lot of good deals, but there is also a lot priced at retail prices.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
They have tons of stuff but I think they are high. Try to shop the color sales tags and the end of the week they mark those down to 99 cents to clean out for the next week tag sale.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
at SA on wednesdays here by me, everything but one color tag will be 50% off. no electronics or furniture or jewelery. they have it posted at the front door.

I am a big salavation army and goodwill shopper! love it. But, i "label" shop. meaning, i only look at labels and only pick higher end stuff. meaning, i dont buy kmart or walmart brands while shopping.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I only went to Savers once but I did very well. I picked up several pairs of pants and long sleeve shirts for my son for $2.50 each. I also got a plastic LittleTykes picnic table in very good shape, which normally goes for $30 new, for $7.

I have no advice as I only went once, but I like Savers better than Goodwill. Their clothes are organized by size rather than color, I found prices to be about the same as GW.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
FWIW, they are advertising a big Veteran's Day sale this weekend. 50% off a bunch of stuff. You might check and see if it is in your area too.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FWIW, they are advertising a big Veteran's Day sale this weekend. 50% off a bunch of stuff. You might check and see if it is in your area too.
Thanks, I did see that on their website- but they are a good 50 minutes or so for me, and I have to be out in that area tomorrow to run errands for my husband's shop, so I figure it's better to miss the sale but go while out that way anyways rather than make another trip that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.