Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family is taking a 12 hour car trip to visit Dollywood late April.
I was wondering if anyone has been to Pigeon Forge TN and has any hints to share with us. We will be visiting the Great Smoky Mntn.
which is the only free national park in the US.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Make sure it is open before you go.

We stopped by on a vacation when I was a child. I was very excited. It was closed. :( So we didn't get to see any of it except the front gate.

Hope your trip is wonderful

Reactions: porembam

·
Registered
689 Posts
Best hint is to stop at the park visitor center to check out what a black bear can do to your car and cooler. If you're camping in the park, don't keep food anywheres near your tent or tent camper. Don't stop to look at bears along the highway.

As far as Dollywood, you're on your own...been by there several times, never been there, probably will never go there (same with Disney World) pricey.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Best Dollywood advice??? I'd have to say don't ride all the big rollercoasters and then decide to have lunch down at the BBQ... OMGosh!!!! I was sooooo sick from smelling the smoke and food.... I was there with my niece's children who thought it was hilarious... but the Great Smokey Mountains are one of my most favorite places in the world!!!! You will have a great time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts