Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to share? I want to make waffles and freeze them but I don't have a recipe.I've seen a few on the net but I'd rather try one I know is good.Do you have one to share? please lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
The idea of making them from scratch never really dawned on me. (How sad I am huh?) I inherited my mom's waffle maker, and my kids LOVE waffles. I love to make them on Sundays and keep them in a zip lock in the refer for leftovers. I just told my dh that I wish I could stockpile a 5 gallon bucket full of the mix for the summer. They would be easy to cook, without heating up the house, and are very filling. When the kids have waffles for breakfast, they are not really hungry til dinner.

I'm sorry I dont know a recipe, especially tried and true, for me, its bisquick... sad I know.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
:bump: and crossing my fingers too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good Morning Ladies. I hope you'll try these.

Belgian Waffles:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups milk
3 eggs, separated
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of salt
fruit of your choice
whipped cream

Combine the flour, baking powder, confectioners' sugar, oil, milk and egg yolks.
Beat the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks and fold into the batter (do not overmix).
Using a 4-ounce ladle, pour 1/8 of the mixture into a hot waffle iron and bake for about 2 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Top with the fruit and whipped cream and serve hot.
Yield: 8 waffles.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Pancake or Waffle Mix

1 cup buckwheat, oat, or whole wheat flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp egg replacer
2 tbsp sweetener (honey, syrup, molasses, or sugar)
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1-2/3 cups soy milk
(optional - 1/4 cup chopped nuts)

Preheat waffle iron or pan.
Combine dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
Combine liquid ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Combine dry ingredients with liquid ingredients and mix.
Pour batter into pan or waffle iron and cook.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Bake-It-All-Mix

2 c Vegetable shortening
9 c All-purpose flour -- sifted
1 tb Salt
1/4 c Double acting baking Powder*

This Mix collection is from a company called Jewel. I don't think that their product is available any longer, so I have substituted just the word shortening for the Jewel shortening.
I have had excellant results using either Crisco or Mazola shortening in these recipes.

*4 Tablespoons
Combine sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
Stir well. Sift into a large bowl or pan.
Add shortening.
Use a pastry blender to distribute shortening throughout dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal and small peas.
The Bake-It-All Mix is now ready to use or store in a canister on your cupboard shelf.
A cool area is desirable.
Yield: About 12 cups

·
27,948 Posts
This is from the Gold Medal Alpha Bakery childrens cookbook. These waffles are delicious and can be found under W for Waffles.:D This recipe only makes 3 waffles so double, triple it etc.

Wonderful Waffles

1c Gold Medal flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. marg. or butter, melted
1 egg,separated

Heat waffle iron.

Mix flour, baking powder,sugar & salt in a med bowl. Stir in milk, margarine and egg yolk until blended.

Beat egg white in a small bowl on high until stiff peaks form;gently fold flour mixture into egg whites.

Pour about 2/3 c. of the batter onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops. Remove waffle carefully. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 3- 8" waffles.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ooooo thanks ladies!!!!!! I've got to get milk today and will try these this week!! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I use a recipe posted by Quiltermom that was posted here. I'll see if I can find it and bump it up for you :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts