1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I turn 24 in 18 days!! :)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Awwww, now I'm sad...I just turned 30...can I be 29 & 424 days?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^ LOL! You've got my vote!

I'm 26 y/o and will be 27 in 3 mos.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
So, twenty-somethings, what has everyone been doing frugally lately? Anything you'd consider specific to our age group, like paying student loans or budget baby care? Do tell!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yep I'm 23.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am working on paying student loans and my mortgage.
No credit card debt, thankfully.

I am not in as much of a rush on the students loans as the mortgage and building a larger savings.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm 27. I think one that that I have problems with is that all my friends want to do stuff that involves money. No one wants to watch a movie at home...they want to do dinner and drinks and a movie. I just can't do that with all the bills we have. Ugh!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^ TigerGirl, I totally understand ... and if it's not going out for drinks or to eat, I have one friend who thinks it's loads of fun to go to Home Depot and drop $50-75 at a time on stuff at full-price that she expects her husband to work on in the house (it's all sitting in her garage ... ), and while I don't mind going to windowshop and maybe pick up paint samples, she thinks I'm in a "bad mood" if I don't buy things, too.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
24! I'm wanting to buy a house of my own sometime soon and build a decent savings but.. its tough. I'm working on it though!:cap:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm 25 :)

Lately I've been trying to make the majority of our meals. It's SO easy to get in the "fast food" rut and feel too lazy to cook...

So far, I've made some awesome meals from recipezaar that I've been drooling over the pictures of. lol I am putting my leftovers in single serving containers, labeling them, and sticking them in the freezer (instead of letting them get moldy and gross in the fridge!) for DH to take to work for lunch or for me to heat up for a quick meal in the evenings! My kids can split one, too...so that's a quick meal for them as well!

I am going to go through my deep freeze and reorganize it... I want to have 1 shelf of ingredients (prechopped onions, peppers, herbs, meats, veggies).......... 1 shelf of family sized meals and/or individual sized meals ready to be eaten...... and one shelf of other foods (because there is always OTHER lol)

I have meats that have been in there for who knows how long and they aren't moving by just being raw and frozen.... so I'm going to cook 'em up and refreeze as meals which seems to be MUCH better for us

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 27. Working on $11,000 in cc debit and $13,000 from car loan.

Many of you are correct about people our age who all they want to do is spend money. My dh and I are tying to be a frugal in our choices as we can be. Most of our friends any my co workers think we are crazy! We keep our heat at 58 in the winter (I live in MI) and use a electric heater in our bedroom when we sleep, hang my clothes to dry, started a huge garden so I can can the veggies. Then over the hoiday weekend we built a chicken coop. I haven't told anyone at work. I don't want to be know as the crazy girl. We are also looking into getting a cow or 2 for beef.

But we (as in FV memebers) are making good choices in saving money anyway we can. We are going to look back at the decisions we made and are going to be glad we did it!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
27 soon to be 28 here. Dh and I are working to get down some of his student loan and car debt. I have a bit of medical debts. I'm staying at home now due to medical problems. Been off the frugal wagon for a bit, but I'm ready to get my act together, and get back on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts