Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a SAHM and was looking for discussions with WAHM's, are there any in this thread or is there a separate thread?
thanks. :0)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I am a SAHM and an Avon Representative. I have been with Avon for about 4 months, so I'm still struggling to learn the ropes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sherry. I'm surprised there's not more. Most SAHM boards have many WAHM or a separate forum topic.

Good Luck with your Avon business. I was never good with Direct Sales b/c I don't like the home party part of it. I'm currently working on some blogs and Internet Marketing. I've been trying to get this going for a little over a year but had little time with toddler and trying to learn the ropes to get off on the right foot. I'm very close now and I think once I get the ball rolling things will happen and it's actually fun, even the learning and research part.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thats why I chose Avon... you don't have to do home parties. :)

Good luck with your business as well!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I work at home doing medical transcription.

This school year I will be homeschooling one child and I'm nervous about juggling that with working. Before, I'd just work while they were in school.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nothing exciting, but I make and sell things from home..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me, I am a consultant. However, my child still goes to daycare because I can't get any work done with her at home.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think that is so cool! What do you make? Do you sell on Ebay or places like Etsy?
Jewelry, mostly earrings/watches and also make gems trees. I tried those places, but I was competing with to many jewelry makers, plus I prefer people buying them to see them in person.. I sell through people I know, and my daughter has a display of my earrings displayed at her work station for sale.. I don't do craft shows either, I find it a risky thing, my friend does them and has on a few occasions lost $$ or just broke even, that's not for me..

Christmas time is the best, I get a lot of "ooops I forgot or why did she give me a gift, now I gotta give her one" last minute gift sales. :lolpoint:

I make the stuff mostly as a stress reliever, but the extra $$ don't hurt..

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
use to be a 100% wahm use to ebay :)

now outside of home 50% and and kind of wahm other 50% because i do alot of the paperwork and things i dont need to do in a patients homes from home ( calling drs- faxing orders etc etc - my car and my home are my offices .

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I do clothing repairs and general sewing from home. I don't make a lot of money, but what I do make helps out some. I call it my "Egg Money".

I also keep my grandson after school and on school holidays, so I find it very difficult to do much sewing while he is with me. I always worked outside of the home while my 2 daughters were growing up, so keeping my grandson is quite a challenge sometimes for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work from home helping other stay at home moms work from home. I work with a great group of moms from all around the country. It is great, I can work while my little one is playing on the floor next to me. If you have your priorities straight, it isn't hard. Family comes first, then the work and then the chores. If you have the opportunity to make your own hours as I do, then it is a win-win situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sort of a work at home mom. I work at home when work comes. My husband and I own a small business and I do all the secretarial work and then sometimes if the job is really big I'll go out in the field with him. Samuel just stays at grandma's house for a little while.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess I've always been a wahm, but am now an empty nest wahm. Things I've done are...

Family Day Care Provider (registered): Did this while my children were ages 0-3, then had enough. It was nice though, the state paid for our kids' meals too in the food program.

Piano Teacher: been doing this 24 years now (my degrees are in music). I now have a very nice piano studio in my basement. When the kids were less than 8 years old, I hired a student to entertain them at home while I taught. It's a dream come true for me. I've added a 2nd piano since this photo was taken, the final piece in my dream workplace from home.

I was a powerseller on eBay for 2 years. Too much work for too little profit, so I stopped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Until the economy tanked, I ran my own business from home. I sold scratch-off stickers to company representatives to use with their home parties and such.

That was an easy job. Hopefully when the economy picks up again, I can get started again!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i recently lost my job and i homeschool both my kiddos so looking for something at home also!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I work from home helping other stay at home moms work from home. I work with a great group of moms from all around the country. It is great, I can work while my little one is playing on the floor next to me. If you have your priorities straight, it isn't hard. Family comes first, then the work and then the chores. If you have the opportunity to make your own hours as I do, then it is a win-win situation.
How do you assist SAHM's work from home? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am 3 months into getting a work-at-home business going, actually for my husband to be a stay-at-home-work-at-home-part-time-daddy! haha

It is a Christian wellness company. So far, so good! We have about $315 coming in as a residual income, and each month it increases more and more, and that is with about 15 hours a month of work. Best of all, no sales!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts

i'm looking for a work from home job, since my 3 yr old is still home with me...... i'm in NJ, as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi All...I am new here and new to the WAHM role. I have been a stay at home mother and student for about 5 years. After graduating, my husband and I have decided to open a federal IT contracting business. He is still employed full time as a Network engineer. I am building the business and have an office in my home. So far the juggling has been a challenge. I put my DD in daycare part time so that I can continue to work and attend meetings outside of my home.

Its nice to know that there is a community here that might be able to lend wisdom when the schedule proves to be more than I bargained for :) I know it will...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts