Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was glad to see this, but no one's posted. Any writers here?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Well, sort of. I've been a technical writer, have 3 book projects underway, but have a book scheduled to come out July 1 that I co-edited with someone else. So I've been a pro writer, and am currently a pro editor, but haven't had any of my writing published, except that in the anthology.

Judi

·
Registered
569 Posts
I published poetry in some journals and a couple of anthologies in the 90's.

Lately, I am trying to finish a play.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I recently was a a quarterfinalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest. I didn't win, but am still seeking publication. In the meantime, I've outlined my second and third novels, and will flush them out this summer. My writers blog is: Bozza Writes…

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of fiction? I write horror and fantasy.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
My first novel (the one in the contest) was a thriller/suspense novel. The next two, which I am in the midst of, are romances. I'm trying my hand at all of it, and we'll see what gets published.

I recently joined a writers group and am hoping that it turns out to be helpful!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have dabbled with writing short stories in the past. I have so many tales to tell. I just need to carve time out to do it.
My ideal life would be reducing from a 50 hr work week as a nurse manager, to working as a staff nurse :nurse: ( 36 hrs week) and devoting my extra time to writing. Unfortunately, I don't know if my family financial situation can support it...

Oh the tales I can tell... My colleagues tell me I have a vivid imagination...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've written numerous articles for homeschooling magazines. I've also written and self-published a cookbook and a book on homemaking. I was planning to convert the two books (which are now out of print) to e-book format and combine them, but I just enrolled in graduate school, so I think I'm going to be writing a lot of academic papers in the next couple years instead!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts