Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been writing fiction since I've been able to write, but sadly haven't done much since my 2 kids came along. I wanna start again but I need a kick in the butt. Anyone else need some creative writing motivation?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I love writing fiction. I am currently writing a mystery novel. I started it quite a long time ago and am over half way through. I find I can only turn out a couple of pages or so a day. I'm glad you posted this. I need to get my book out and get busy again. I've been working on it for several years.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My 13 yo has been writing a book for the past 6 months. She is around 130 pages into. I have not read it, per her request, but a good friend of mine has and said it is very good. Her goal is to have it completed by December and off to an editor. She spends hours a day writing, not only on her book but on fan-fics and another book she and a friend are doing together via emails.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am a fanfic writer, which is not the same as actually creating something entirely from scratch but it does allow me to expend some of my creative energies. I just started on it again recently. I'm writing a fan fic based on the movie The Boondock Saints. I'm not very good, but hopefully it will get better. The best website for fanfiction is fanfiction.net They have a category for everyone!

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Fanfic"? Is that like writing a continuation or sequel to an existing story? That sounds like good practice. I sometimes jump-start my creative juices by looking at an old photograph and write a story synopsis around it. I do it with songs, too. I have one finished childrens story and one finished play. They're both horrible but I'm OK with that. LOL! I have a period romance plotted out and chaptered but haven't written anything in it yet. And of course I have a huge tote full of started stories, character sketches, poems and research. I have a really bad problem with perfectionism.I start alot of things and abandon them because they're not perfect. I know in my head that my writing is good. But I guess I'm still afraid of the rejection that goes along with a writing career. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't want to write formula books just so I can see my name in print. I actually don't care if anyone reads my work, except my family of course.
But anywho, now I don't feel so alone. I'm sure I'll be posting here alot more often. I've gotta stay motivated. I'm starting something, anything, on Monday. Let's write!

·
Registered
623 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. FanFiction is taking a book/movie/tvshow and writing your own story based on it. You can use the characters or the setting or whatever. At first, I felt like a fraud doing it, but at least it keeps me writing! Sooner or later, i'll get back to the fantasy novel i've started about 50 times! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts