Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A FB friend posted this question this morning and I kind of though it interesting how many people were brave enough to trek into the "day after Christmas" hoardes.

How many are doing day after sales/mark downs/clearances? Anyone doing purges to make room for the new stuff>

I don't plan on leaving the house. There was a day I'd be "out there" too but anymore it's far to "peoplely" for me. I DO plan on purging a little but not because of new stuff... just because I need to. Oh... I did get several tee shirts with smart ass sayings and I have several that aren't in the greatest condition so I may toss a few of those. If I knew how to quilt I'd cut the sayings out and make a quilt. Be an interesting conversation piece for sure :)

The kid bought me a big set of Rubbermaid storage that will nest saving storage space... plan on tossing some older stuff that doesn't nest

I have Christmas cards from years past not that I send that many anymore. I save gift bags so don't need those. I just don't really care to venture out into people. Maybe in a couple days.

What are your plans on day after shopping? Purging?

Reactions: ermadunk

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I'm not going anywhere. We don't need anything. I might pick up a box of Christmas cards Saturday if we go anywhere. We're under a winter storm warning till Friday noon, so might not have good roads by Saturday.

My priority lately has been sewing. I finished up the moose quilt I made for a friend.
20181219_131217_1545848297433.jpg
Today I've been cutting scraps into squares for another quilt, and working out the pattern templates. I'm getting lots of entertainment from staying home to play with my various bits of junk.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Not shopping. There wasn't much in the stores I wanted or needed before Christmas, there's less now. I may check out the clearance in the craft stores next week, just to see if there's anything I can use, but mostly I have everything I want already. I bought "like new" holiday cards at the thrift store, and a few reuseable gift boxes from dollar stores that will last us a long time. Don't need any more clothes or decor and we don't do a lot of gift swapping with friends (because most of them are broke). Don't want or need any candy or cookies or other holiday treats. :)

Friends coming this afternoon, so we will treat them to lunch and maybe hit a tourist attraction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts