Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I go sometimes, the problem is there prices are too high, and you have to pay taxes. Salvation Army has no sales tax. It makes for an easy decision. Also Value Village do not accept returns for cash value.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lately, I've only been going during their 50% off sales. Yesterday, I went in to get a couple of tops for work and spent $18.06 (incl. tax) for 2 tops. That's ridiculous!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I stopped going there. The prices are more than new retail. I think people think it must be cheap because it is thrift.....you really have to know your prices.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I havent been recently because its on the edge of a much worse area than I care for and sometimes it just smells BAD! Plus the night crowd is scary.
And more than once I had found gross things there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to love the VV in Michigan and always used to find great clothing for my kids. The last 2 times I went the selection was iffy and the prices went way up, ridiculous now

·
Registered
533 Posts
Haven't been to VV in awhile. Here they have revamped the store and added on space so the prices have certainly gone up to reflect this fact. I only really shop there if it is half price day. My mom loves to go so I do a lot of ambling through the aisles but am proud to say that I usually don't buy.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Any Value Village shoppers out there in FV land? I was in earlier this month for shorts and summer tops. Came out with 3 pairs of shorts and a couple tops. Mostly looked at prices and the effort required to remake the garments to fit and decided to buy on sale in the shops. got some really good deals doing that. :) Especially with my Christmas gift cards.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts