Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone will be doing fireworks this year. There is a city ordinance here that forbids fireworks in the city limits, but every year we manage to see a spectacular fireworks show from our neighbors:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't do fireworks because of the cost. They are so ghastly expensive around here.

Of course, I am spoiled. The neighbor behind me (3/4 mile away) is a professional fireworks tech. I just walk to the rear of the property, and watch for free.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We can't do them here either so no I won't be. All the little towns around us don't do New Year's Eve fireworks. We only get them the long weekend in May and on Hopper Days in our small town.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
What? Fireworks? You mean that suspicious looking bag in my garage? No those aren't fireworks...they're, um, uh... yeah, ok, their fireworks.

Last year about this time, we were "gifted" a huge back of fireworks. We blew some off last New Year's and maybe we'll use up the rest this year. They're nothing spectacular, just little stuff. We used to have kids who lived in a rental house down the street and 4th of July two years ago, we and the neighbors next door got them all $500 tickets for blowing off fireworks (I normally don't call the cops, but when I complained that they were doing this at 5 am, the kid threw a lit firework at me...so I got em busted :) ) So the next Christmas, another neighbor gave us the fireworks as a joke.

I need to get rid of them, I hate having them sitting around. God forbid, something happens and they explode! Thanks for reminding me they were there. Maybe I should re-gift them back to the neighbor who gave them to us! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
We just do sparklers for the kids because I really can't stand to literally blow money up on fireworks. Our neighbors tend to spend a lot on fireworks so i have taught my kids to just enjoy their show!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts