Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt my balance did not reflect my latest auto refill and CS insisted it did. So I went back and figured out how many minutes I had bought (720) and how many I had used (365) . I don't use the phone much and have had it since spring. The amount I should have left is nowhere near what they say I have. CS is totally useless. Looking for a new cheap phone plan now. Has to be on the Verizon network.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
I have a tracfone and haven't had any issues that I'm aware of. Have you bought minutes recently? There are conditions under which they will expire, if you're not paying for monthly service, for example.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No problems with my tracfone however I have a basic phone, without a service plan. However, I have not purchased minutes since September.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on auto refill so the minutes were coming in every 3 months. They are supposed to carry over.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG after hours of anguish and agita, I finally got in touch with a rep who could see that the minutes were missing, and added them back in!! WHY did it take so long? I took a screenshot of my account info with the new balance and date, in case I have to prove anything to them in the future.

I have unsubscribed from Auto-refill and will be very careful looking at before and after balances when I buy more minutes.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
I didn't even know they had customer service. I figured for as little as I was paying I was on my own. I find the best deal is the 1-year service plan for $99. I only have to worry about it once a year.

·
Registered
921 Posts
We have had Tracfones for years. Customer service is good after you get the person who can help. It is a horror
to find that person. My husband had to get a new phone and found out they don't have the double or triple
minutes anymore. I have a phone that gives me triple for every minute i buy. As far as using the phone we havent
had any problems at all. I was going to bite the bullet and go to a phone with a monthly charge because if you call anyone where you have to wait it really eats up the minutes. We upgraded our cable package last week and took the phone bundle. It lowered our monthly bill and now we can use that phone just for long calls.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No more double or triple minute phones??? hmmm...well I better keep my triple minute one!!

·
Banned
42 Posts
Can recommend ATT or Verizon has $45ish no contract plan with unlimited data/calling and around 4 GB of data. Can also recommend the Nokia Windows phones...does everything except shopping but doesn't support all the apps. Would please most adults and never use up all the data as long as I don't watch video on phone....Get good coverage on phones even in rural areas. Service plans are smooth without cancellation if you use credit card on campany website for auto payments..Windows phones are $60 from ebay or Walmart.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm too cheap to pay $40 a month!! I get by with about $7 on my Tracfone.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I am also too cheap to pay $40.:glasses: but thanks for the information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts