Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi there, I'm in England. I moved here from the USA a few months ago to live with my DH.

:newbie:

Fellow Londoner here! Hope you're settling well in to the delight that is the Uks capital city.. :skept:

Also welcome to FV! :)

Reactions: AdamantEve

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks Britbunny and IndiAnna!

I hope that we all can start sharing some good tips for saving money. I'm currently trying out Lidl and Aldi in England. How about you?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm currently trying out Lidl and Aldi in England. How about you?
We sometimes go to Aldi - I really like to get luxury stuff from there, it's so much cheaper! My parents have recently discovered both Aldi and Lidl and LOVE them, it's like Christmas every week for them, lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm from Germany,
exactly in the middle between Bremen and Hannover.
And I'm nearly all my stuff buying at Aldi, and for my partner too.
On some days it happens we're complete dressed in Aldi clothing...*ggg*
Shoes, socks, jeans, sweater, underwear...
And the quality is good.
Last year I had some t-shirts who shrunk after washing at 30°C about 12cm in height. I complained per e-mail, the customer service called me back immediately and told me they would ask the manufacturer about the problem.
After 4 weeks I got a packet with 5 new t-shirts from the manufacturer with a personal letter, and those new t-shirts didn't shrink.
I was very happy with the service.:thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello
I am in northwest France and struggling with the exchange rate and the prices in the shops at the moment . :grnwave:

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Hello
I am in northwest France and struggling with the exchange rate and the prices in the shops at the moment . :grnwave:
Bonjour Crisp. Je ne suis pas d'Europe mais je voulais simplement dire bonjour. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
We are from Norway :)

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have just come back from a vacation in Norway.

I live in Holland so not all that far away from you.
Exiting! where in Norway did you had your vacation?

·
Registered
995 Posts
We were on a cruise out of Rotterdam (on the ms Rotterdam) and we were supposed to go to Oslo but because of a strike we were diverted to Sandefjord. This was such a shame for us because we were going to be meeting up with old friends of ours who live in Oslo. Sandefjord was like a ghost town since it was a public holiday and everything was closed. The only thing open was McDonalds which was fine for a lot of people from the ship (including the crew) since a lot of folks made use of the free wifi. After that we went to Kristiansand, then to Stavanger which I loved and then to Flam. We had amazing weather which is always a treat for people who live in Holland since the weather here is changeable to say the least and never dependable. We were only in the ports for a few hours which didn't really give much time to see much but it was nice what we did see.

Do you live anywhere near any of the ports we went to?

Are you Norwegian ?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm an American living in Denmark!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think its funny to see so many dutch people inhere as they tend to have a reputation of being frugal. I myself have the belgian nationality, but a lot of dutch ancestors.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome to the village Rona - you'll love it here.

I live in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi Rona, im in England x

·
Registered
886 Posts
thank you, he gets lots of comments about how cute and well behaved he is :) he's my little monster tho.

Do you ever come over to England Rona?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts