Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any other members into beadwork and jewelry making on this forum? In my new member intro I plain forgot to mention these two hobbies of mine , which in winter are at a standstill because of lack of good daylight, I like making these for DD and myself.When I got online when DD started school four years ago , I
found beads oh my.

:hocus::comp::present:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm really addicted to beads! Love the colors & how easy it is to create beautiful goodies. Seems right now I have more beads than time though. Part of my problem is having supplies in several locations & a craft area would really help. Lighting can also be a problem here. Would love to get started on a project or two over the next month. Any thoughts on what you'll make next? I need to order a few clasps before I can finish anything, but have everything else just waiting. I should plan a few gifts projects for this year too. Your post really has me thinking how much I miss beading!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I haven't done beaded jewlery in years, but used to. We owned our own craft supply store and I sold a lot of beads and taught a few classes. My biggest customers for the jewelry supplies were middle school boys. They had figured out they could make jewelry and sell it to the girls to make little money.

Now I do most of my beading as part of my fabric art. I use a beading needle and stitch seed beads to my art quilts.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I don't make my own glass beads, but I make the resin beads.

For Christmas I took black and white photos of glamorous women from the 50's and sunk them in resin beads and added a black fabric background...they turned out super cute! I'm trying to post a picture...we'll see if it works!

I've stopped making things for now...just becuase I have too many for myself and I don't have anyone to give them too at the moment!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some of my favourite beadsites for ideas and I also buy online there

www.beadfx.com (Canada) see fxinspiration page

www.eebeads.com (USA) see ideas page

www.beadstudio.com (USA) see projects page

www.beadshop.com USA) see learning & design gallery

see also all those beads lovely collections

as soon as I have better daylight I am making a spring colours bracelet

:grwave:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My mother shes 75, sent me a big box(home depot box) filled with costume jewelry. I have started taking all these necklaces, bracelets, earrings etc. apart. I want to start making well, I'm not sure what you would call them ummmmm...chunky bracelets maybe is what I am trying to say for lack of a better word. 3 or 4 strands of beads all different sizes and shapes with stuff hanging off some of them. I reallhy dont know how to explain what is in my head.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I do some beading occassionally. Mostly earrings lately they have been sports themed( red sox/patriots). I just make them for my own use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got into making bead jewlery and I am still learning all the basics. It seems to be my new obsession. What kind of stuff do you make?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts