Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am munching a Underwood Chicken sandwich. But i noticed on the back of the wrapper is a recipe for chicken salad (basically adding onion etc to the meat to make a more substantial sanwich spread)

Anyone else like this stuff? How do you use it?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Not me but my mom and dad use to eat potted meat sandwiches. They dressed it up like that sometimes and sometimes just plain with miracle whip

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
YUM! I forgot all about those! I used to eat them all the time as a kid. Might have to pick up a can next time I'm at the grocery store :chef2:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I like the deviled ham. I know it is all fat but just have to have it once in a while.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I eat the Underwood Deviled Ham, but I am the only one in my household that enjoys it. I used to eat this when I was a kid, with mustard.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am about the only person I know who likes deviled ham! As a kid it was a treat. I loved deviled ham and mustard sandwiches! A sandwich with chicken noodle soup was one of my favorite lunches! Sigh....those carefree childhood days! :)

A couple of times a year I get a can. I have bought the chicken when on sale and mixed it up, as you indicated, to make chicken salad with celery, mayo, maybe some relish or pickles.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I liked deviled ham as a kid, but now, no.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
It's one of those things that I like, but I don't let myself eat...too many empty calories I'd rather spend other ways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Underwood deviled ham! Which is just plain weird, because I hate baked ham, lol.

Given that it's mostly fat, and highly processed, I rarely eat it. But now that you have reminded me of it I must go buy some today and have a sandwich. Bad you!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I used to eat deviled ham from time to time, and Dave used to love it, but we haven't had it in years.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have never tried it!My school favorite was always peanut butter.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deviled Ham? Is that like Corned Beef/Spam in a can?
(sorry - I really dont know what this is)
well...sorta. But is is a sandwich spread vs a solid meat like spam would be. It has the consistency of a thick peanut butter.

http://www.underwoodspreads.com/underwd_products.html

It comes in a very small can. And is kinda pricey for it's size. But we love it so get it now and again. :) Hope that helps.

·
Registered
474 Posts
funny this topic came up....I ate a deviled ham sandwich w/ deli mustard yesterday. I sill cant figure out how the heck my mom got 4 sandwiches out of 1 can when we were kids.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Missy - thanks for that link! A meat spread? Like pate made with ham?

I think the French/Quebecers have a thing similiar to that - Cretons (gound pork pate). I wonder if its the same thing. Id prob eat it with onions and mustard!

Things that arent so healthy for you taste TOO good to give up LOL WHY!? :drama:

:doh2:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
We love the deviled ham and I make it with Miracle Whip and pickle relish. We like ours on toast but it's wonderful on crackers. We use to pack this for camping and vacation trips for lunch on the side of the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts