Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We toured a few colleges these past couple of weeks. My kids have basically decided where they want to go. Both will hopefully be going to state colleges on opposite sides of the state. I am sad that they will be in two different schools but that is what they want. We are meeting with a financial advisor next week to get our financial situation in order. Hopefully we will be able to afford this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, I have a son that is a senior this year. He has chosen 3 out of state colleges and 4 in state colleges. He's working on applications, essays, etc. right now (also scholarship applications). We toured a few campuses over the summer break. It's amazing how much paperwork they have to fill out just to apply to a college.

·
Registered
995 Posts
We have a different type of school system here but on saying that we too are looking at colleges for our youngest.

At the moment our oldest 2 are finished (degrees in resp. International business and management / sport and education).
Our third son hopes to enter medical school next Sept.
Our fourth son is now doing hotel management.
Our youngest and only daughter hopes to start pre-law next Sept., we just don't know where at the moment.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
My dd toured various colleges last year, has been applying this year (she's a senior now).

She's already taken courses at our local junior college, and is thinking of taking classes there, but has her heart set on a private, out of state college. We'll see. . . if she's accepted (and the admitting office doesn't see a problem, just a matter of getting one more person to get her references sent in) then she'll go there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts