Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last week I was home with a sick kid and caught an all day marathon of this one and I am HOOKED!!:popcorn:
This may be a show thats only on in Cali but does anyone else watch this one? I find myself aspiring to be like them in some ways, its truly odd.They are all rich women who live in a gated community in Orange County, CA. hubby keeps asking me why am I watching it and I can't explain it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I've caught some of the episodes. In what ways do you want to be like them? Just wondering because none of them come off in a very positive manner to me.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DH and I both love the show. We got addicted last to it last season. Jo gets on my last nerve. I did not like her last season and I like her even less this season. Slade could do so much better. He has an adorable son and she is just not the parenting type. She needs to be parented herself.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've run across this show and, while it's a completely unrealistic, materialistic life I'd never want, the show is like a soap opera in it's addictiveness!
Shhh my kids have no idea such a show exists, I've indulged a few episodes on the tv in our room--flipping to Food Network when a kid wanders in LOL!
In my opinion, the show showcases excess lifestyles and shows vividly how such a lifestyle warps the kids--much less the adults--bigtime. I spend the entire episode shaking my head or my mouth dropping open....again, tis exactly like a soap opera, therefore needs no explanation lol!

~~

·
Registered
674 Posts
I watch the show. I find these women fascinating. I can't help but be envious of what they have money wise and feel so bad for them in personal relationships.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It is strangely addicting.....I cannot people real people live like that! I too watch it and shake my head! It's a riot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am addicted too. I even catch my husband watching too, when he claims to hate this type of show. I can't stand Jo either-maybe it is her personality, but I do not find her the least bit attractive. I am starting to like Vicki although she seems very insecure. Laurie is so obviously a gold digger.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've caught some of the episodes. In what ways do you want to be like them? Just wondering because none of them come off in a very positive manner to me.
I wish I could explain it. I think in the way of their homes more than anything. It was funny DS11 was watching with me that first day I became addicted..LOL... and I think it was Jeana said she shows her kids love by buying them new cars etc and DS11 said"sheesh my mom probably loves us more than you ever could and she doesn't buy us cars."The words and insights of kids huh?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I watched the episodes from 7-11 pm last nite, fascinated. I actually think my I.Q. dropped by a few points from all this mindless TV!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I wish I could explain it. I think in the way of their homes more than anything. It was funny DS11 was watching with me that first day I became addicted..LOL... and I think it was Jeana said she shows her kids love by buying them new cars etc and DS11 said"sheesh my mom probably loves us more than you ever could and she doesn't buy us cars."The words and insights of kids huh?
It sounds like you have a great son! I'm sure he will grow up to much more well adjusted than the kids on the show!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts