Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently a friend has discovered she is going to collect Pyrex.

Now I have always picked up dishes all the time at garage sales, second hand stores etc....and I have lots of pyrex from wedding and shower gifts plus what I have of my Grandma's!! Anyone else collecting it from second hand finds? I won't pay much for it and found a couple pieces today for about $5, a small casserole and a baking dish and a small bowl I would use for a dip or fruit. I want pretty useable dishes and she wants to display hers.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Pyrex is awesome. I only have a small bowl of it. My mom is a huge CORNINGWARE® fan so I've always leaned that direction instead. Either way, it is so great to find items that fit for your needs!

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
I love the vintage Fire King pieces. I love how sturdy it is, how nice it is to bake in, and how easy it is to clean up. Pyrex and Corning Ware are nice, too, but it's the old Fire King stuff that seems to attract me most.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have several pieces of fire king too, they are awesome...a couple measuring cups, bowls etc...I think the measuring cups were my grandma's. I do have quite a bit of corning wear....shower gifts with the matching corelle dishes and I like the french white to put baked dips in etc, they never get old. I am a bit of a kitchen collector...the last thing I need is another collection to find a place for...but like the rest of them...I will find some place to show them off.

I am looking forward to garage/yard sale season to add to all the collections.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
A couple years ago I was hanging out at the thrift store alot looking for pyrex dishes to cook in the microwave. Have a nice collection of pyrex to cook in or reheat food. I try not to heat any plastic in the microwave now a days.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
KennKonn-I find it most at estate sales (estatesales.net). You can get on their email lists. Sign up for your area. Certain dealers are glad to notify people who collect.

I personally love corningware. Although, I do like glassware. Anchor Hocking to Fire king.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have 4 sets of vintage bowls. I love them I do use them everyday.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I've got some, and have some for sale in the booth. I like the clear or one color stuff, not the decorated, so it's easy for me to sell that when I find it!

At the moment in the booth I have 2 or 3 clear mixing bowls and a small yellow (otherwise undecorated) casserole that's white inside. We havea Pyrex canister that holds our teas in the cabinet, and another that holds the coffee tools on the counter. I also gave up my old metal loaf pans for Pyrex. DH and I use them to cook veggies in as well as make bread.

Does anyone have a technique for getting the clear stuff when cloudy clear again? I have a 3rd loaf pan, I'm currently sprouting lettuce in it, I'm all but ready to put it in the dump bin, no matter what I do, it still isn't clear.

Ideas?

TIA --
Judi

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
judi.usw lysol toilet bowl cleaner or oven cleaner works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.