Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you manage to get anything done with the kids home for summer?

I've started getting up early to get in a couple hours of quiet work time, but it's really hit and miss with my productivity. I just keeping plugging away at it though. By the time I get used to it, it'll be time for school and this schedule won't work! Ugh!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I do! I mainly work at night, after they've gone to bed. One day a week I have a babysitter come over for two hours during the day so I can get some work done, too. That helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I do, but my job IS kids, so it's sometimes easier with my older kids home to help me out :) Home Daycare.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I work from home too. I found by working a few hours at a time make it more manageable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the option of working at home at least some of the time if I want to, but I prefer going to my office. But then I only live 8 miles from my office!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Find a responsible teenager to come and keep them out of your hair. Try for a few hours a day or 2 long days to make it worth t ot the sitter. Try care.com I have used tat site to hire help with my cleaning business and my daycare. I have also used tem to post that I have avalablity too for my daycare. I love that site. When I did have projects before all our construction was done for the daycare I did just wake up about an hour earlier to get more done kid free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts