Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been entering sweepstakes for a couple of years now. I have won lots of great things. I know I introduced one member here to sweepstakes and she won a trip to California.

I would love to share ideas, etc on the hobby.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I love entering sweepstakes. I use to do it all the time.
I want to win a car....

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I never win anything. I have entered so many sweepstakes. I use to get a magazine that had all kinds of them to enter. Never won even one. I have no freakin luck.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I enter lots of sweepstakes online. I have never won one single thing. But, I keep entering!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I like to enter them but I rarely if ever win anything

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad to see that there are others that enter. My friends all think I am really lucky but I think it is more that I am persistant. I do win consistently. If there is something I want I find as many sweepstakes offering that prize enter as often as I am allowed to by the rules.

I am by nature a "math geek" so I try to figure things out statistically. So far it has worked.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think it is great that you have won. I used to enter the publishers clearing house sweepstakes but haven't in a couple of years. I never win anything.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've won a lot of tickets. Don't laugh, I was in high school, but: Front row tickets to Britney Spears (Ok, my friend won them in a Twister competition), tickets to an NSync concert, and tickets to a Mariners game.

Other than that I can't remember winning much else.

G

·
I go through phases. I have won a lot of things, though never anything big. The two biggest prizes I ever won were a beauty package from Iman valued at $75 and $100 in an instant win game.

I've had the best luck from 17 Magazine and Allure contests. I've also won contests from Fitness (the mail in ones) and a Lucky Breaks.

I generally won't enter contests if I don't want the prize, so most of what I enter are contests for make-up and skin-care stuff. I'd also rather have 1000 winners of something small than one winner of something big.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I enter some online, I especially like the instant win ones.

My biggest wins have been:

Mp3 player that I sold on ebay
3 Gatorade coolers

I want to win the HGTV dream home!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I enter sweepstakes almost everyday. I do alot of instant win sweeps. My biggiest win was in 2000 when I won 25k. I won 47 prizes last year2006. The biggy was a blackberry pearl with 1 year of service. in 2005 I won a front loader w/d from the ellen show.
Barb

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today was actually a great day for me for the mail. I received 4 coupons for candy bars, 1 for sausage, a letter that I won 2 tickets to a Nascar Race, and a $5 giftcard. I also got an e-mail that I had won another prize.

My favorite prizes have been a trip to Disney, a trip to Colorado, electric guitars, iPods, $1000 gift card to a clothing store, PlayStation 3 (two weeks before Christmas), computer and $$$.

I enter for anything that I think my kids would like or that I really need or want.

My children actually have a wishlist of things they want me to win. So this year I am trying to win 1 yr subscription to Netflix, a car (my son will have his license soon), cookware, and a Wii.

I don't like the instants because they are so time consuming but I play them at least 4 times a week. My biggest instants since Jan has been a GPS system and my son won the Fruit Gushers FireFly phones (the sweepstakes was for 5 phones to share with friends).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I enter sweepstakes almost everyday. I do alot of instant win sweeps. My biggiest win was in 2000 when I won 25k. I won 47 prizes last year2006. The biggy was a blackberry pearl with 1 year of service. in 2005 I won a front loader w/d from the ellen show.
Barb

Barb,
Thats a great win. I have won cash prizes but never $25K. Congrats. How long have you been sweepstaking? I've been entering for about 2 1/2 years.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I've been sweeping since 1996. In 1999 I won a 2000 trip to New Orleans. When you do instants just place your cursor on the line (don't click) that says (if you can't see the game) or what ever. If it says janky its a lose if it says inky its either a bonus play if there is one in that game or it is an automatic win. iwnotify is also a lose. My wins this month is 2 crunch bar coupons, a kfc snacker. a free coupon for clorox wipes, pepperridge coupon for cookies and running with scissors dvd.
Barb

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I enter contests but only if the prize is something we want.
So far I have won
-an official olympics bag full of beauty products arv $150
-over the hedge dvd
-2 nhl team canada hockey jerseys arv $139 each(only wanted 1)
-a years supply of sunsilk hair products
-$3000 shopping spree at any of the hbc stores

·
Registered
570 Posts
Freedeal got me hooked on sweeping!

I'm the one that won the trip to California. and lots of other stuff, chocolates, t-shirts, movies, hair stuff, movie tickets, kfc, pizza, kodak prints.

I have not had time to lately, right now I am too busy with teaching and masters classes. but come May when I graduate I will be back at it!

and Barb, good wins, I would love a front loader and 25k wouldn't be bad either.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have won $100, $50 American Express Cheque, movie tickets, candy bars. I also won $50 GC at a local restaurant.

My husband won $4300 back in the early 90s on a lottery ticket. He won it the day after the offer for the house that we wanted to buy was accepted. It was nice to add this to our down payment. This was perfect timing. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I've been sweeping since 1996. In 1999 I won a 2000 trip to New Orleans. When you do instants just place your cursor on the line (don't click) that says (if you can't see the game) or what ever. If it says janky its a lose if it says inky its either a bonus play if there is one in that game or it is an automatic win. iwnotify is also a lose.
Barb
I'm intrigued, where is this line that you place your cursor over and find if it says "janky or inky" ~ btw, how funny is that ?!?! :)
I love sweeps, I don;t win much, but I still love to enter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm intrigued, where is this line that you place your cursor over and find if it says "janky or inky" ~ btw, how funny is that ?!?! :)
I love sweeps, I don;t win much, but I still love to enter.
The line usually near the bottom that says click here if you can't see. I always click - it has no outcome on if you win or not. Of course this just with the instants. The sweepstakes all notify after the contest is over.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Freedeal got me hooked on sweeping!

I'm the one that won the trip to California. and lots of other stuff, chocolates, t-shirts, movies, hair stuff, movie tickets, kfc, pizza, kodak prints.
I'm so glad you responded to this thread. I couldn't remember your name on here. You are doing really good for your first year.

How was your trip?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts