Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently going through a relationship where there I'm being abused (mostly emotionally and psychologically, but there has also been physical abuse) and I've been all over the internet connecting with other victims. It just seems to make me feel so much stronger in my choice to leave (leaving in a little over a week!).

Has anyone else escaped a domestic violence situation (maybe it's why you're a single mom)? What has changed for the good since then?

Thanks everyone and for those in my situation...
stay strong! :hero:

·
Registered
270 Posts
please make sure he doesn't have a clue that you are leaving or it could get much worse. please let us know how you are doing after you leave.good luck you are worth so much more than how you are being treated. sending you hugs and prayers. :hug2:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I was in the same situation as you. I didn't tell him at all that I was leaving and one day when he went to work, I left. Never looked back, didn't give in the pressure to return (he will turn really sweet and make you wonder why you left in the first place) and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life.

Good luck, stay strong, stand your ground and be safe.

Let us know how it all turns out. :hugz:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Never was in a domestic violent situation. Was raised with verbal and emotional abuse though... and only avoided it by chance and luck really as an adult.

Stay strong, stay safe, and let us know you are ALL RIGHT when you escape!

Many blessings --

Judi

·
Registered
412 Posts
Make sure you delete the history and cookies on your computer after being on it and connecting with others as to your plans. Better yet, use a computer outside of the home, say at the local library, tell no one you know of your plans to leave (in case it gets back to him) and please keep us posted as to how you are doing

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
May you be blessed with a safe escape. I'll be praying for you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, i was raised in a dv situation (both parents were physical and emotional abusers). It was normal to me and I and have had 2 boyfriends who physically & emotionally abused me (this was when I was in my 20's). I know how awful it is.

You will be much better without this person in your life. Good luck with your escape. You won't regret leaving him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was, and yes that is why I am a single parent. He was very verbally abusive to us. We all carry scares that will probably never heal. He also tried many times to get me to come back. He is currently in jail and is being investigated due to his girlfriend was found dead in his home. He claims she killed herself but GOD only knows. I can't say he ever touched me, but in some cases it starts with verbal and leads to physical. So I can't say that he could have never done that. My best friend cried when I told her what happend to him, she said "Thank God that was not you". So if you can, get out and never think of coming back. Things usually always tend to get worse.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My first bf was abusive. I met him when I was 17, he was literally the boy next door. Blue eyes, blond hair and really cute. We stated dating on july 4th and my mom passed away on july 26. I would have never stayed with him as long as I did most likely if my mom had lived. She didn't like him and I really respected my mom. Who knows he might have been what would have torn us apart. First love and all.

Any way I stayed and he got worse and worse. We were in a really bad car accident, drugs were involved on his part and I got all the damage on mine. After my mom died my dad and I went to Wisconsin for the holidays while we were gone he found out his sd's atm code and stole some money. When he got caught I went along with this horrible story that I had gotten pregnant and needed an abortion to save his hide. I paid his dad back with some money my mom left me. It nearly killed my dad and wanted to know if my mom knew. It was all a lie to help him out.
Another time while visiting him he was drunk and held a shot gun pointed at me for over an hour and then said you dumb beotch it is not loaded. After he passed out I called my brother and had him come get me I was so scared I left without my glasses. I can't see without them.
Finally he ran off with a friend of mine and ended up in jail. That ended it finally!

I have heard he has passed away from hepatitis.

Get out while you can and don't look back.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Reactions: frugalfranny
1 - 15 of 15 Posts