Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone's ever done a crochet'd shower puff?

I'd like to make one, or a couple. --And I wouldn't have to worry about them getting in the dryer like the store bought ones. I wash them all the time, but if they get in the dryer, they "melt", getting all stuck together and hard. Yuck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've made tons! Gave them as gifts last christmas to all my friends & family. DD10 uses hers all the time & I wash it about once a week. It gets softer with washing! You'll want to use cotton yarn & I have a few more tips that might work if you're using a pattern similar to the one I did!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Rachel,

would you share your pattern?

Pretty please......

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
oh, that's CUTE! Thanks!

:bgum:

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo plenty for sharing the idea and the pattern ladies!! Now I have something else to make!! Better share this with madhen and Debbie for their craft booths!!

Reactions: madhen

·
19,119 Posts
madhen, soon you'll be able to whip these off in a flash - promise!! and won't they look cute in your crafts' booth!! I'm going to do some up in Christmas colors to use on top of packages too!!

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. It does look easy to do, though the abbreviations may still through me off. :D

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
thanks for sharing the link. appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
It looks like the pattern I used is no longer available online... I keep getting an "AOL Hometown has been shutdown" message when I try to get to it. Luckily, I saved it to my computer & can email it to you if you'd like!
Anyway, here's a similar pattern with a link to a PDF, easy to download. If you want to try it first.
http://www.ecrochetpatterns.com/freecrochetpatterns/Bath Puff FREE Crochet Pattern.pdf
Do you have the original url? Sometimes you can get to some of the older pages that are no longer online through the wayback machine: http://www.archive.org/index.php

If it's not available online I'd also love to get a copy of the pattern you used. Would you be able to send me a copy of it too?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I do crochet and I got lost in that pattern, LOL. I soooo want to make some and have a craft fair scheduled for 8/22. Gonna have to work thru it with crochet hook and yarn in hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts