Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have been thinking about doing, but not sure if I want to put the time into it right now. I guess it would depend on what yarn I used to do the project to determine how long it would take. I think it would be real cute in the kitchen or bathroom, possibly the laundry room. Just thinking about ways to do something a little bit different. I don't crochet lace, or at least I haven't attempted it yet, so that might take a while.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think it would be cute. What kind of yard would you use?

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I've done curtains --- crocheted them in thread. It takes me a long time to do those, but there are some very pretty patterns out there.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what yarn I would use, but I was wondering if filet crochet is the best method, however, I don't know how to do it yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have also crocheted curtains. That was years ago. And it took forever to get done. But, it was so worth it. Many compliments and they looked really nice on that entry window. We left the panels when we moved. I should have taken them with us.

I made our curtains for this house. That was 7 years ago. I think it might be time to change them out for a different style. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have a pattern (I think) in one of my old crochet magazines of a valance done in filet crochet. It had a pattern of houses on it. It was pretty neat and didn't look *too* complicated.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i have thought about doing this when we buy a house for teh entry way if there are windos in teh door or sidelights. it would let light in but still give privacy depending on teh pattern and yarn. i have seen some done in cotton yarn that would probably look nice if done in white or ivory and not in the bright colors the pattern maker used.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know of a good site for teaching the filet method? I want to learn, but I don't know if I have the patience for it. Sometimes patience is not my virtue...:-(

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! That does seem complicated, but I guess it's because I don't read charts very well yet. I am going to continue to look this over. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gosh! I missed your post yesterday Sunshine! Drat! I have been so tied up with everything going on with FIL I haven't hardly had time to be online. Oh well. I did decide to just start knitting one in pure white dish cloth cotton, just to see how it would turn out, but I am a slow knitter and only have about 4 inches done so far. I thought it should be about 10 inches long finished. I figured I could crochet something on the edge and see what or how it comes out. It's just straight knitting at this point. Wish me luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts