Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are going to atempt this, and have done some research on the net. but i was just wondering if anyone has ever done this and has any suggestions?? thanks.....:) :) :)

·
27,948 Posts
Dh did this last year. We remodled our porch and reused most of our old siding but needed a bit more. We couldn't match our color (yellow) & ended up with white. I'll ask him more about it when he gets home tonight and get back to you. :)

Are you thinking of painting your whole house Misty?

·
Registered
601 Posts
we need to paint our siding also, any info ya'll can send my way would be most appreciated... thanks, vickie
what kind of paint do you use????

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, we are gonna paint the whole thing.:eek: our house is yellow now, but we want like a clay color. our shutters are black right now, we are gonna get burgandy shutters to go on the clay....with a multi-colored roof (shingles) with the burgandy in it.

·
27,948 Posts
Talked to Dh and here's what he had to say... We have vinyl siding that has a texture to it like wood grain. All he did was use outdoor house paint the color of our house. Only prep he did was to make sure siding was clean & dry.
If you have a smooth surface you may have to rough it up first.
He suggests(especially on a big project) going to a paint store & picking their brains for info.
So far what he did has worked for us, no flaking or anything. You can't even tell there was a differant color there. Don't hesitate to go to the paint store, they are a fountain of info!:) Have fun, can't wait to see how everything turns out.!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts