Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a package of the sheets today. I was wondering if anyone here has tried em. What's your experience?

Im doing a business related t-shirt.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but i was also thinking of letting the kids design their own too. got any tips?

how long do the transfers have to dry before you can iron them on?

im not seeing any info on the pkg

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had issues, LOL ,when I used them. It was probably just me but I can give you a couple of tips from learning the hard way.

Unless you are using a program made to make transfers, you will need to change the setting on your printer to reverse the transfer when it is printed. On my HP printer this is called "Mirror Image".

When you are ironing the transfer on to the t-shirt--use the cover/protector sheet that came with the transfers--it prevents damage from the iron and really helps prevent ruining the transfer with the iron.

Don't eyeball the placement. Measure and mark the placement.

Have fun and remember that screw-ups :nrant: make great nightshirts.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ours worked well--just make sure you don't dry the shirt on extra hot and turn it inside out when you wash.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
make sure you have your iron on the proper setting because I did a few shirts for my son's graduation, and some of them did not stick properly because I had it on too cool of a setting.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I did about twelve shirts for my nursing home choir a few years ago with those. The only problem I had was that if the shirt got washed in hot water it ruined the design.

I don't remember how long they had to dry-- seems like I printed them all and then ironed them on pretty soon afterwards.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it worked it worked it worked it worked!!!!

Next i will get some cheap t-s for the kids and let then make their own designs, then i'll scan em into the computer and print em!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts