Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey are there any fellow Aussies out there?

I know I am not the only one!!

Come on......

Show yourselves! No need to hide!

My name is Nicole and I am from Newcastle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woot!
Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi :)
Yep - gold coast girl here.
I don't post much but I look around a lot for inspiration.
Some of the ideas can't apply to us since we don't do coupons etc,
but I like a lot of other stuff like the household ideas etc.
Are you loving the petrol prices and interest rates right now or what!
Sure makes a difference to us - we've got our very first mortgage payment on the 30th. (Only 1 million more to go, right?) I really feel for people who locked in last year when it <looked> like it was going to go through the roof. That must suck.

Have a good one,
Kit
(who hopes we find more crew around here :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm Australian but have been living in the U.S. for 7 years now. Queenslander, born and raised. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Another Aussie here. Im from the South Coast of NSW.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am :) Currently living in Western Sydney (Parramatta area), but moving back to the inner west in a few months. Cant wait!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I'm in Queensland, just north of Brisbane :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
KI'm a west coast guy, Emmo from Perth, find ing things a bit tough in the tighter economy, started the vege garden and looking at optins,

cheers, emmo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any Aussies still around?? :wave2:

I'm Nicole, mum of a gorgeous 4 year old daughter (Alex) and I've been married to David for 9 years tomorrow!! I have found this forum again, after joining in 2005.

We are currently on a mission to reduce our Credit Card debt. We would love to be able to reduce our mortgage too!!

Oh, and I'm in Vic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any Aussies still around?? :wave2:

I'm Nicole, mum of a gorgeous 4 year old daughter (Alex) and I've been married to David for 9 years tomorrow!! I have found this forum again, after joining in 2005.

We are currently on a mission to reduce our Credit Card debt. We would love to be able to reduce our mortgage too!!

Oh, and I'm in Vic.
Hi

I'm in Brisbane. I joined the forum last month. I just recently(2months ago) quit my job to stay at home and make life somewhat easier on the family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like there haven't been some posts in here for a while. I hope there are still some Aussies around! I'm one of them. Looking forward to getting some great tips on living a frugal life!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh it's great to see more Aussies here, now I know I'm not the only one. So, Hi! I'm from Melbourne :) And I joined for health and lifestyle tips and generally for the awesomeness of the frugal community.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm not from Australia, but I have a friend who has just moved out there.

Let me tell you, from what she's told me about how much she's fallen in love with the place, I don't think we'll ever get her back :laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beware!!!

I'm not from Australia, but I have a friend who has just moved out there.

Let me tell you, from what she's told me about how much she's fallen in love with the place, I don't think we'll ever get her back :laugh:
Beware! Australia is NOT at all it appears to be. For example, their politic sucks! Well, I am sure you can say that with just about every country on Earth. But for that reason, and various others, I am seriously contemplating to return to the U.S.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Beware! Australia is NOT at all it appears to be. For example, their politic sucks! Well, I am sure you can say that with just about every country on Earth. But for that reason, and various others, I am seriously contemplating to return to the U.S.
I think what appeals to her most is the warmth and friendliness of the Australians she's met. On a person level, she's having a very positive time meeting great people.

It's funny you should say that though, my SO is in Software Engineering and he's been made aware of quite a few great job opportunities in Australia but the politics put him off living there a great deal :shrug2:

ETA: I don't mean any offence by that, BTW, we live in Northern Ireland, we are in no position to judge anyone else!

More importantly, he's ginger and I'm even paler than he is, I don't think either of us would survive the sun :laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like I said, BEWARE...

I think what appeals to her most is the warmth and friendliness of the Australians she's met. On a person level, she's having a very positive time meeting great people.

It's funny you should say that though, my SO is in Software Engineering and he's been made aware of quite a few great job opportunities in Australia but the politics put him off living there a great deal :shrug2:

ETA: I don't mean any offence by that, BTW, we live in Northern Ireland, we are in no position to judge anyone else!

More importantly, he's ginger and I'm even paler than he is, I don't think either of us would survive the sun :laugh:
The Sun is very easy to survive compare with the politics here.
BEWARE, soon, Australia will be known as "The People's Republic of Australia". We will be armed with weaponry made in China, and along with the mighty Chinese soldiers we may rule the world one day!
Soon, we may be chanting China, China, China, Oi, Oi, Oi...
Civilisation, or even the existence of humankind will soon disappear from the face of Earth!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts