Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone on board here is from the Northeastern part of CT. We moved here from RI about 2 years ago and still know no one! LOL

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow, I live across the border in Dayville, CT! I am originally from Warwick, RI and hubby is from Scituate RI

·
Registered
156 Posts
I grew up in NE CT. A tiny town called Fabyan about 20 minutes from Putnam. And only 10 minutes from lake Chargogagogmanchogagogchabunagungamaug.:D Which is in MA.

I attended High School in Danielson CT.

Is that awesome discount store still in Dayville? I forget the name but I loved to go there.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure of any discount store around here. Closest thing would be Danielson Surplus, so I'm guessing no. We have only lived here for 2 years so I'm not up on the stuff that used to be around here

·
Registered
156 Posts
That might have been it. It's been 10 years since I left though.

There were lots of great bargain stores in CT, RI and MA if you knew where to look for them.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's great that it's so small, so everything is pretty close!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I'm kinda close - I'm near UConn and often am on the southern part of 395 - on the way to Uncasville ;) LOL. I like how you are in training - I am too LOL .... I did get in on a few freebies at Kmart's double cpn sale at the Manchester store this past weekend.

Welcome to New England :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts