Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a few live in West Virginia, I am in the Wheeling area in the Northern Panhandle on North side of Interstate 70.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have another one from WV, I know that Marla is also from Eastern Panhandle.

The Frug are you near marla?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever met her? I wish I was closer then I would go and visit her. do you like living in west virginia? sometimes i do and sometimes not.

It seems much more expensive then Ohio.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Have you ever met her? I wish I was closer then I would go and visit her. do you like living in west virginia? sometimes i do and sometimes not.

It seems much more expensive then Ohio.
yea. we met at a local flea market once. We're both busy and the market is a one hour drive for me one way so I don't go to it that much if ever.

We have a food tax and a gas tax and now our personal property taxes are going up ( cars are accessed at double their value). But since I live close enough I go to Maryland to get my food ( no food tax just a junk food tax I think) and my gas I can go to either Virginia or Maryland. Va is like 30-40 cents cheaper and Md is sometimes 20-25 cents cheaper. We're getting gouged here because only two families own all the gas stations and they charge what they want and they want $$$$$$ baby! IMO.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Don't live there anymore, but claim it as my home state. Was technically born in Ohio but my first memories are of moving into a new (rented) house in New Haven up on the hill, then into a house down in the valley behind main street. Later we moved to Elkins and finally I went to Jr High and High School in Wheeling, and of course, I went to WVU in Morgantown...

I just had to leave the state to get married. Don't have any female cousins w/in the borders... ;)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea. we met at a local flea market once. We're both busy and the market is a one hour drive for me one way so I don't go to it that much if ever.

We have a food tax and a gas tax and now our personal property taxes are going up ( cars are accessed at double their value). But since I live close enough I go to Maryland to get my food ( no food tax just a junk food tax I think) and my gas I can go to either Virginia or Maryland. Va is like 30-40 cents cheaper and Md is sometimes 20-25 cents cheaper. We're getting gouged here because only two families own all the gas stations and they charge what they want and they want $$$$$$ baby! IMO.
I know that is why I try and do a lot of grocery shopping in Ohio when I can no grocery tax, and gas is usually cheaper, but not always.

You can report them, I cannot remember who you report them too.I well try to find out. That is sad, gas prices in the Elm Grove charge $3.65 a gallon, go to my work place on the Island and it is $3.54 a gallon, cross the bridge to Ohio and it is $3.49 a gallon, and in Bellaire $3.46 a gallon.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to move away from the Ohio Valley permantely excuse my spelling just got up and still on my first cup of joe.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm in Mason County,WV

Reactions: mh3rdwheel

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the Northern Panhandle, Hancock county...
Right smack dab in between Pennsylvania and Ohio... So I do my clothes shopping in PA (no tax on clothes) and food shopping in Ohio (no food tax) everything else is better bought here in WV as it's only 6% tax instead of 7-7 1/2%.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i know what you mean - my town is across the river from ohio and i buy food there too

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in the Northern Panhandle, Hancock county...
Right smack dab in between Pennsylvania and Ohio... So I do my clothes shopping in PA (no tax on clothes) and food shopping in Ohio (no food tax) everything else is better bought here in WV as it's only 6% tax instead of 7-7 1/2%.
Which town, I too am between ohio and Pa, do you live in Weirton, wellsburgh, etc.? I am in ohio county.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts