Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's raining and cold here, so people were ready to practically hand you stuff and let you just take it. I called in sick to work today- still running a fever and can't talk above a whisper, but that didn't stop me heading out for a few minutes (was gone less than 2 hours and most of that was driving time to Virden/Girard area)

I got:

5 pairs of jeans- .25 each. Some like new, some showing some wear- but my boys will wear them in the strawberry patch this summer.

Tops for me and MIL- .25 each. Her's still has the tags on it.

A huge grocery sack of brand name girl's clothes- Gymboree, OshGosh, Carters. $1 for the bag. Only one outfit has a tiny stain, the rest seem like new.

Sippy cups- .10 and .25 each

Toddler push toy that plays music- looks new $1

Sack of paperback books- $1

For free:

metal trays- one with a Currier and Ives print on it. I'll use these for Christmas cookie giving.

several pairs of socks for me- in good shape, just a bit faded.

some cassette tapes- oldies but goodies

A huge trash bag filled with Christmas garlands

A bag full of quilt batting- some cut in small pieces that will make potholders, some bigger pieces that will make crib sized quilts.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Went out, but it's not as much fun without my partner in crime. He had to work today....

2 baby gates-$4.00
12 like new board books for Courtney $3.00
7 videos, Dora and Blues clues-$7.00
2 Little Peoples toys-large expensive kind-$2.00 each
Desecration by Jenkins and LaHaye $.75 hardbound!
Plaque for SIL for Christmas $.25

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
We went to a community-wide sale today. For $4.15 I got.....

- 3 med. sized stuffed animals
- Disney Yahtzee board game
- 3 books for ds
- Pair of sweatpants for ds
- 2 Odyssey videos

:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I got a gas grill with a side burner for $20, a recliner chair for $60. It looks new.
:) A couple of Home Interior wall decorations, at least, I think it's Home Interior.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm glad you got out for some fresh air Denise !!!!
It was pretty clear here til after 11:00 am I went yesterday and today, I got some pants for ds..... 2 for .25c and 1 for $1.00.......
2 {{{{HUGE}}}}} chili pepper braids.... new in the box.... she wanted $1.00 each, I picked up one and she gave me the other. (2 for $1.00) Yipee !!!!!!!!!
Some cute clothes and thingies for dd....
2 cute carpets..... Free......
socks for dd, the kind with the toes....... Free ...
a big OLD leather suitcase to decoupage for my neice.... .50c it's in great shape !!!!!!!
I had fun before going into work and got some cool stuff, had $5.00 and came home with $$$ leftover .......

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I only bought a few things, but I got the deal of the century: brand new Birkenstocks for $10.00!!!!!!!! I laos got four pairs of socks for DSs (.25 each), a dog toy (destroyed in a minute!) for .50 and two cup and sauce sets from Mitchell SD (has the Corn Palace on it!) and Oklahoma. These were 1.00 each for DH!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Danielle, Birkenstocks are VERY expensive sandals my sister loves em........

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
You all got great deals. :) We don't have many yard sales around here, but once I'm not so busy I'm going to go looking for them :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got

* about 8 Polly Pockets for $0.25 each.
* 2 tupperware containers (w/ lids) -- one was $0.25 and one was $0.50.
* a brass desk lamp (which we needed for our piano) -- for $1.

But I had the kids with me, so (of course), they brought home junk toys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts