Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this "headache" for over a week now, nothing will help. I have shooting pains up the back of my neck onto my head and it really hurts. Anyway, I was looking tonight in the mirror and I've got a huge, angry red rash in my hair. I can't sleep b/c of the pain.....anyone had em? I'm going back to the dr. in the A.M. .... I saw her about 10 days ago thinking that some blisters on my toes were shingles. Now I'm pretty danged sure.
Anyone? Did the meds they give help? How long did the pain last?
Do you have residual affects?

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry you are so uncomfortable Lisa. I don't know anything about them except they are painful. I hope that isn't what you have and hope you get some relief soon.:heartsm:This site may give you some info,hth.
http://www.aftershingles.com/shingles.html

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
(((HUGS))) Lisa...I hope the dr. finds what you have and can give you something for the pain....:hugz:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lisa~Yes, I have had them and they are painful. I only had them once. Thank goodness. Once was enough. I had this red rash with blisters. It felt like the muscles under the rash were burning. I had to go to the doctor and they are the ones who told me what it was. The medicine they gave did help. I can't remember what they gave me though. I only had one patch of it and it was on chest ..right where your hand would be if you were pledging the allegiance to the flag.

If I was you, I would surely go to the doctor and get it checked out.

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Yes I sure have and it is miserbable The Doc put me on streroids and a bunch of othe meds that really didnt help the pain.
I hope you are better soon.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I haven't had them but have heard that they were terribly painful. I am saying a prayer for you right now and I hope the dr. is able to help right away. Good luck.

pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have had them and they are awful !!!!!!!!!
I get them on my face and it's ugly and all of the bones in my head hurt..... In additionto the meds, a cold compress helps me.... Try to keep them dry and clean, they heal faster.... I hope you feel better soon Lisa...... I feel your pain !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I hope everything goes well at the doctor and they can help you.

I will pray it goes away quickly.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I haven't had them. But my cousin has them NOW! the Doctor put him on meds and Vitamins so hoping BOTH of you get better soon!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lisa, I hope you find something to make yourself more comfortable. I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for quick recovery!!:smball:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts