Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned 60 the end of March and am wondering if there are any others here in that Senior range. Hate to admit that I am getting that old. The one nice thing is I don't look anywhere near my age so tend to shock people when they find out.

Jo
Send a greeting today!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hi Jo, I'm not a senior yet, LOL but my mom (duckduckgoose007) is. She turns 71 on the 14th! :D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hello Jo, this is Liz ...the oldest of this crowd of women...:toothy: Great to meet you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Jo --I'm also 56 going to be 57 in a couple of months. We're semi retired, and we are loving life. Slower paced ---etc. Only bad issues we've had to deal with have been our aging/sick/dying parents. Not fun. We retired to Nevada from So. Calif. I see you're in Arizona ---what city if I may ask? Have you lived there a long time, or did you retire there. Sorry if you already explained this in another post.
Sher

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm new here and am 55; hard to believe, I keep forgetting I'm not 35. Sometimes I'm amazed when I realize I really am 55; it's almost happened overnight.
I agree about the aging parent thing; my mom will be 85 in July and her health is failing rapidly. Kinda sad to see her now and remember how she used to be.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi , I just turned 61 and most people don't believe it. Most people around me retire at 55. I do love my job but mainly I want to work long enough for my pension to be a big enough help for our future. My dh gave me the chance to stay home while I raised the kids & now I want to make his life better. He retired 2 1/2 years ago & loves it. cau

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi, Jo,
I'm pretty new here and I am 55. I don't feel my age and as long as God permits I don't intend to ACT my age. I think we should all keep going and doing as long as we possibly can. When we stop going and doing then we are in trouble.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Jo, I dont believe I will be 6 in May! I look in the mirror and dont see an old lady-YET! Somedays I do feel it though, mostly rainy damp days, think I may have a touch of arthritis. The older I get the more I hate to see any kind of waste. Just went to the dumps today(we have to take our trash there- no garbage pickup here)There was a woman throwing a beautiful ceiling fan with the lights and globes away. Those globes cost a fortune to replace them all, she just threw it in and smash, I could hear all that glass being shattered. wish I had been there a few minutes sooner I would have brought it home with me. Sorry to go off topic, needed to vent. DEE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts