Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and who has my e-mail address. you may want to check your computer for viruses. A somewhat limited number of people have my "real" e-mail address, and someone who has it in their address book has the w32/sober virus on their computer. I tried checking the message source, and it seems to be coming from a bellsouth address, although that could be inaccurate.

This virus is one that accesses your address book and then uses its own mailing program to send out mass e-mails that conatin the virus. I am getting dozens a day, and it just started yesterday. Luckily, I have Norton running and the virus is not on my computer, but not everyone is as fortunate, obviously.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't actually expect to figure out who it is, and it may not even be bellsouth, but just in case someone here has it and doesn't know it, I wanted to let everyone know.

I just checked my mail and had 5 new virus-laden e-mails. It isn't damaging my computer because I have Norton running, but it IS getting old, and it takes a lot of time to download and scan those stupid things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts