Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news! I cleaned the kitchen from top to toe last night and when I removed all the things from the window sill I found the secret ants' cave. Just before we went to Sydney, I bought a moneywort plant and put it on the window sill - they were in there! There were trillions of them + eggs and the queen. They are now soaking in a bucket of rainwater, later I'll drain the plant off and repot it.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

·
27,948 Posts
I was gonna say the vinegar. I also go through my cabinets ,wipe everything down with the vinegar & bag everything they'd like up. No dishes in sink,no anything anywhere food wise. Wish I could be of more help.I do set those traps you can buy in the store at various places in my house where I see the devils.
Super bad years I have sprayed the perimeter of my home with not nice stuff.
I feel your disgustedness. Yuck!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I have seen my Mom put the skin protion of cucumbers on a paper towel behind her sink. I would guess it is the acid in them they don't like.

But like Darlene says, until you rip everything apart and clean it down with vinegar, they will keep coming back for whatever attracted them to start with. :yucky:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.