Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a vacation the first or second week of July to visit our son, but we don't know anything about the area. I am hoping someone can give me more ideas on where to stay, what to do, etc. I would hate to reserve a room in a hotel that is not in a good, safe, secure location. We are also wanting to go to the beach.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You can call Lejunnes lodging office and tell them you are coming and see if they will send you info. Also you can contact the Chamber of Commerce for that town and they will send you info too

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
This might be interesting... http://www.mcmuseum.com/ if you are on the coast generally there will be an opportunity for a boat tour.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you ladies. I will be checking into those.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My DH was once stationed on Camp Lejuene, however that was many many moons ago so I can't offer any assistance as to where to stay, ect. I am sure it has changed so much since we lived there.
I just wanted to say have a fun, safe trip and enjoy your time with your son. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Lisa! We hope to have a great time!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I grew up about 45 minutes north of Jacksonville, NC. It is a nice central location to visit many neat things along NC's southern coast.

Morehead/Beaufort/Atlantic Beach area is 45 minutes north. There you will find beaches, Fort Macon (Civil War era Fort that you can walk through), brand-new, just opened last year Aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores, Beaufort Waterfront (an area that is nice to stroll along after lunch or dinner), and lots of good seafood restaurants. Here is a link to their visitor page: http://www.crystalcoastnc.org/

The last time I tried to go search links my computer froze and I had to restart this post so I am also going to list a couple of the other counties to google for their visitor information pages.

Wilmington is the largest city on the coast and is just south of Jacksonville. Lots of neat things to do just south towards Fort Fisher. The USS North Carolina (decomissioned battleship & museum) is located there. This is in New Hanover County.

Jacksonville is located in Onslow County. There is a museum in Richlands and the small town of Swansboro is neat (although very tiny).

Enjoy your visit with your son.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amy, thank you very much for the information. The Civil War fort sounds interesting and I love beaches!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts